Irish baby boy name

Ok, so on the last stretch, I am now 38 weeks pregnant and we keep changing our minds grrrr! My husbands last name is [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m] and we know we want [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as a middle name. Now first name, we are debating [name_m]Liam[/name_m] (I find it too popular), [name_u]Francis[/name_u] (I find it not popular enough lol!) or [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] (no family link). So:

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m]

Ladies, you have to help me because if I go in labor I’ll panic!!!

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m] sounds best to me :slight_smile:

All of your names are very nice and I don’t think you can go wrong. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] has long been a favorite of mine, so that gets my vote.

I also find [name_m]Liam[/name_m] too popular. I like [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u], but I prefer nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/[name_m]Frank[/name_m] to [name_m]Joe[/name_m]/[name_u]Joey[/name_u], so I’d go [name_u]Francis[/name_u].

I like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] but it is very popular and doesn’t flow into [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m] very well. I would vote for [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and I like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] as well. So, in order, [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and a distant 3rd for [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

In order: [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

Good luck!

I like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] the best. I think it flows nicely.

I find [name_m]Liam[/name_m] a bit boring at this point. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is my favorite of the three, but [name_u]Francis[/name_u] feels more stereotypically Irish Catholic.

From the three of them [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds the best with the last name :slight_smile:

The m sounds at the beginning of [name_m]Mcdonnell[/name_m] / end of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] run into each other, which makes it flow slightly less well than the others

My pick would be [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

I like [name_u]Francis[/name_u] the most, but I think [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m] flows the best. Maybe just keep this as a list and see what he looks like most?

1. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] - love it! You could call him [name_u]Francis[/name_u] or [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_f]France[/name_f] or ? Lots of possibilities
  2. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] - underused classic. Perfect with the middle and last.
  3. [name_m]Liam[/name_m] - a wonderful name, but sadly I agree that it’s gotten a little too ubiquitous, at least where I live.

They are all handsome. I love [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m].

I do not see anything wrong with the flow of [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]McDonnell[/name_m]. In normal sentence structure, as a person is speaking or reading out-loud, they will run into words where one word ends with the letter that the next one begins with. I have never heard people slur and stumble through sentences because of this.