Is Ambrosia too much?

We already have a pretty boldly named boy and three rare-ish elaborately named girls.

I’m guessing you don’t live somewhere where [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] custard/puddings are popular? If you don’t, [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] is usable. [name_u]Bo[/name_u], [name_f]Ami[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Bee[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] etc all make very usable nn

I think [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] is lovely, and really, no less elaborate than the more known and used [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], for example. I definitely consider it to be usable. Also, if you already have children with more elaborate names, it would likely just easily fit right in with them.

I love the smooth, gentle sound of [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f], its romantic whimsy, Greek Mythology association, and the general “immortal/unfading” meaning. It’s a beautiful name indeed.

[name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] is pretty (I love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] for a boy) but it does remind me of the custards. If they’re not around where you’re based, though, I’d say go ahead and use it!
If you’re put off by the association, however; [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are other similar suggestions.

I like it! I think its unexpected but not over the top, with lots of nickname potential: [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Sia[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f] …

I think it’s a lovely sound, but do think of the desert brand greyblue mentioned!

I picture her alongside [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]. Definitely within the realm of ‘‘usable’’.

Cool, thanks, you guys!

There is no pudding or anything here, the only association is the Greek mythology food. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] is beautiful, but it is a lot of name to be the name she goes by every day. And with a name that long and unfamiliar, she may well decide she wants to use a nickname herself when she’s older. If you’re okay with her potentially going by a nickname though, it would be totally fine. I’d love to meet someone who was an [name_f]Amy[/name_f] or [name_f]Ama[/name_f], short for [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]!

I love it, I had it on my list for a while with nn [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and if you already have uncommon elaborate names for your other children it should fit just fine