Is Amelia too popular?

Our second baby is due in [name_f]October[/name_f] and girl names are driving me crazy! We are team green (so I may be stressing about nothing) but I can’t find anything I like as much as our first daughter’s name. Recently I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

Theoretically it has everything I like in a name, but I feel like I’ve heard it so frequently it doesn’t have that something special. What does everyone think about sisters [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]? Any other less common names that give you similar vibes?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to be clear, it is not my name despite my user.

I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] together, but with [name_f]Amalia[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] rising in popularity, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] seems to be everywhere.
What about [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] or [name_f]Aminta[/name_f]?

I wouldn’t be turned off by popularity of amelia, it’s a beautiful name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it with eloise too

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is one of my favorites too, but I do agree with you about the name’s popularity. For a less used alternative, how about the [name_m]French[/name_m] form of the name (and the name of a popular [name_m]French[/name_m] movie), Amélie? I’ve also heard [name_f]Amy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], and although it may seem more popular to you from when you were growing up, [name_f]Amy[/name_f] (as a standalone name) would be the less usual choice for a modern girl.

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are absolute perfection! I actually don’t hear [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] that much.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is my daughter’s name and yes it’s annoyingly popular. I still adore it though.

I agree. If you like it go for it!

I do know several, but I agree that if you love it, it is a great name! I think it is popular for a reason. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is very spunky and works wonderfully with [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Have you considered [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]? I really like the slight variation, and I think [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] & [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] is also lovely.

Other alternatives ~ [name_f]Malaya[/name_f] & [name_f]Adela[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] as sisters! To me, however, the questions “is _____ too popular” is a personal question. And it sounds to me like the answer for you is “yes”. If it bothers you that you’ve heard [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] very often, then I think you should search for a name that feels a little bit more obscure for you. As alternatives to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], I suggest [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (aur-[name_u]RAY[/name_u]-lee-uh), or even just [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] ([name_m]AH[/name_m]-meh-lee). [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] may also be attractive to you, but it’s much less common.

I do know a couple Amelias, so it feels less distinctive than [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] to me.

A few other ideas:

[name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]