Is Annabeth too religious?

That’s a shame as I love the name [name_f]Esther[/name_f] yet I’m not religious at all. :grimacing:
I’m wondering if I should remove it from my own list?

No, I don’t think [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is religious at all.

I think it would depend on what the sibset was! From your user card I reckon if you used [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] I’d just think you liked older names.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t see [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] as a religious name. I associate it with the character from [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], so it feels modern & not too stuffy.

I think it’s a lovely name, and not religious at all. I agree with some of the previous posters that my mind immediately goes to the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] character, though that might just be because I grew up with the books. It’s a lovely association though, the character is incredible. Independently of that I still think [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is lovely though.
I particularly like [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] with [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], it feels like they match in length and style. If you had [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] on the list that would be perfect too.

1 Like

I’m [name_u]Christian[/name_u] myself, and I would have never made that connection, to be honest. I think you’ll be fine! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t consider it to be religious at all!

[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is very pretty, and doesn’t strike me as religious; the only association I have with it is the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] character.

Eh, I more associate it with [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] more than the [name_u]New[/name_u] Testament? Plus, [name_f]Chana[/name_f] and [name_f]Elisheba[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisheva[/name_f] have just as much right to [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] as [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] do?

Honestly, [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] doesn’t seem religious to me at all. It does seem different from your usual favorites, but I think [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] would be darling sisters!

I don’t know [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] as a religious name

[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is wonderful and not any more religious than [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] in my opinion. Biblical in origin, but it doesn’t strike me as overly religious at all, just a normal name.

I love [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I mean [name_f]Esther[/name_f] and Rutie are also biblical names…so if you don’t mind those [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] isn’t a problem. Their all such common english names nobody is going to think you went biblical with those associations.

Personally I don’t see the religious connection therefore wouldn’t be concerned. [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is a sweet endearing name

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] are both names that dont make me think of religion, in the way that [name_f]Mary[/name_f] would. [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] is cute. [name_f]My[/name_f] only association with it is the character from the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] series

I think [name_f]Esther[/name_f] & [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]/[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] are more religious than [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]. Like others, my association is [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]. Good luck:)