Is anyone else planning on using this method?

See what I plan to do is pick three names for him/her (The sex is still unknown). Then when the big day comes, and I finally see his/her’s face I’ll know which name is perfect. Here are some of the names I’m considering…

If it’s a girl (Full name):

• [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Samara[/name] De Paraiso
  • [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] De Paraiso
  • Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lily[/name] De Paraiso

If it’s a boy (Full name):

• Maxus [name]Logan[/name] De Paraiso
  • [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] De Paraiso
  • [name]Cooper[/name] Joddhan De Paraiso

De Paraiso means from paradise. So I’m really trying to find names that go with it. But it’s not as easy as I thought. I like the names I have so far. I’m still taking suggestions though so if you have any please share. :slight_smile:

• [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Samara[/name] De Paraiso
  • This has a very pretty sound, but I love [name]Violet[/name] a lot more than [name]Autumn[/name]. [name]Samara[/name] is a very pretty name and goes nicely with [name]Autumn[/name] and De Paraiso.
  • [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] De Paraiso - this is my favorite of your three choices. But I don’t really like [name]Elizabella[/name]. I love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] De Paraiso.
  • Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lily[/name] De Paraiso - This has a pretty sound, but is Inara a made-up name? Also I think having both [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] is too much of a good thing. So what about:
    [name]Indigo[/name] [name]Claire[/name] De Paraiso
    [name]Iona[/name] [name]Calista[/name] De Paraiso
    [name]Iris[/name] [name]Carolina[/name] De Paraiso

• Maxus [name]Logan[/name] De Paraiso - I don’t like made-up names. I think Maxus is made-up. I prefer:
    [name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Logan[/name] De Paraiso
    [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]August[/name] De Paraiso - don’t like the end of [name]Maxwell[/name] to run into the beginning of [name]Logan[/name] - too much “l” sound.
  • [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] De Paraiso - the sound of this is really handsome, but I don’t like [name]Ryker[/name] because it sounds like a prison they’re always talking about on “[name]Law[/name] and Order”. I prefer:
    [name]August[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] De Paraiso
  • [name]Cooper[/name] Joddhan De Paraiso - I don’t usually like names such as [name]Cooper[/name]. I do like [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] for some reason. Is Joddhan a surname in your family, or did you make it up?

De Paraiso means from paradise. So I’m really trying to find names that go with it. But it’s not as easy as I thought. I like the names I have so far. I’m still taking suggestions though so if you have any please share.

You have an amazing last name! It’s so fun to work with.

I don’t think your “method” is a bad idea at all. My roommate in college is a great example of that. Her parents had a name all picked out for her and when she was born they panicked because they thought she looked nothing like their original name choice. They ended up naming her something else entirely.

• [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Samara[/name] De Paraiso - I’m not a big fan of the name [name]Autumn[/name] (especially when [name]Violet[/name] is another option) It seems quite dated to me.
  • [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] De Paraiso - I really like [name]Violet[/name], I’m just not sure if [name]Elizabella[/name] works there…
  • Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lily[/name] De Paraiso - [name]How[/name] is this pronounced? Also, I wouldn’t use [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] in there. Too…cutesy…to me its like her name is Inara flower flower

• Maxus [name]Logan[/name] De Paraiso - Maxus feels a bit abrupt to me…I prefer [name]Maximus[/name]. Also, unless its a family name, [name]Logan[/name] seems a bit dated and bland next to the cool [name]Max[/name].
  • [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] De Paraiso - [name]August[/name] is my favorite of your choices. [name]Ryker[/name] looks misspelled, but I don’t really know a lot about that name. Okay, so its a legit name…I just looked it up. But I also found this “but parents should be aware that Riker’s Island is an infamous New [name]York[/name] City jail.”
  • [name]Cooper[/name] Joddhan De Paraiso - With [name]Cooper[/name] I can’t get passed the TV show “Hanging with Mr. [name]Cooper[/name]” from the 90’s…

My favorites are [name]Violet[/name] and [name]August[/name] :slight_smile:
Here’s some middles I like for them (just in case)

With [name]Violet[/name] I’d stay away from middles that are another color or a noun… like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lily[/name] wouldn’t work and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Olive[/name] is just strange :wink: (for me, anyways)
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - Meaning: “noble, nobility”
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Honora[/name] - Meaning: “woman of honor”
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Belle[/name] - Meaning: “beautiful”
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] - Meaning: “beautiful”

[name]August[/name] [name]Roman[/name] - Meaning: “citizen of [name]Rome[/name]”
[name]August[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] - to utilize two names?
[name]August[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name] - Meaning: “Macc’s field” (he sounds cool!)
[name]August[/name] [name]Gray[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gray[/name] as a middle
[name]August[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name] - Meaning: “God is with us”

FYI - I was working on my post on and off for awhile while at work…so I started writing it before [name]Susan[/name] posted…that’s why mine says some of the same stuff :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t ever worry about that. It just shows that we agree with each other.
This kind of thing has happened to me a lot, too.

[name]Don[/name]'t ever worry about that. It just shows that we agree with each other.
This kind of thing has happened to me a lot, too.[/quote]

“Whew…thanks :)”

I like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] the best. I think [name]Elizabella[/name] is kinda pretty!

My favorites are Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] and [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name]. I think you can definitely get away with [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] for a middle name! Very pretty and unique. We are considering [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] for a middle name. We are using the wait and see method. I think it makes more sense to do it that way. Good luck!

I think all of the names are nice. It’s probably easier to have a definite favorite chosen and just keep the other 2 in mind on the off chance the baby is born and somehow the name doesn’t “fit.”

I really love the name [name]Ryker[/name], I won’t get all defensive about it, but I hate the “prison” argument against it. It’s a surname name. There’s lots of places called [name]Ryker[/name]'s something-or-other… the prison just happens to be more “famous.”

[quote=“honeymoonchild”]See what I plan to do is pick three names for him/her (The sex is still unknown). Then when the big day comes, and I finally see his/her’s face I’ll know which name is perfect. Here are some of the names I’m considering…

• [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Samara[/name] De Paraiso - Pretty, what about [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Violet[/name] De Paraiso, or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Samara[/name]???
  • [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] De Paraiso - Im not a fan of [name]Elizabella[/name]. What about [name]Isobella[/name]? [name]Violet[/name] is a beautiful name thought.
  • Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lily[/name] De Paraiso - I think this is too much, thats quite a looong name.

• Maxus [name]Logan[/name] De Paraiso - Cute, but not my favorite choice. [name]Max[/name] is just becoming TOO popular. (J.Lo used it, that bachelorette couple, [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Sheen[/name]… just off the top of my head.)
  • [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] De Paraiso - [name]Love[/name] it. My favorite of your boy choices.
  • [name]Cooper[/name] Joddhan De Paraiso - [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Logan[/name], [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Ryker[/name]. I like the dbl “er”

Good [name]Luck[/name]! You definately have great ideas, hope you dont take offence to any changes or opinions I made! :slight_smile:

I loved her idea or [name]Ryker[/name] until I read your post… I dont like the idea of a baby with a name after a jail! lol… and love, love [name]Gray[/name] as well!!!
[name]August[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is WONDERFUL.

Augusy [name]Ryland[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Grayson[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]August[/name]/[name]Avery[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]/[name]Cooper[/name] [name]Avery[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Chance[/name]

Inara [name]Calla[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]August[/name] [name]Ryker[/name] are my faves!! Isn’t Inara Arabic? Did you get it from [name]Serenity[/name] or Firefly? Its on my long list and I absolutely love the name. [name]Ryker[/name] jail personally wouldn’t bother me, especially because you are thinking of it as a middle. Good luck!!