Is Australia a nice name for a girl?

I honestly (low-key) think Australia is a pretty name for a girl. I realized that it sounds really pretty. It’s sort of a guilty pleasure name at the moment but if I ever have a kid one day I might think of naming her Australia. I just sort of think it would be a bit weird because this is definitely a name you don’t see every day on a person and she might get teased in school for it when they start learning about Australia in social studies but not too bad tho. I’d call her Aussie or [name_f]Lia[/name_f] for short.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s a nice unique name or is it too out there?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Honestly I don’t like the sound or the associations.

We all have some [secretly-kept] wild ideas that only work in our heads though :slight_smile: I’ve stopped posting mine on here since [name_u]Domino[/name_u] went down like a lead balloon!

I expected a troll when I opened this thread, so I would say that Australia is probably better for a pet or the GP list.

A nice name? No.

A beautiful place to visit or live, not too fond of it as a name.

Not for me.

I don’t like the sound of it at all.

Coming from a person that lives in Australia and is criticised enough for wanting to use the name [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], no I don’t think it’s a particularly usable name. [name_f]Nor[/name_f] is Aussie, definitely not Aussie. [name_f]Lia[/name_f] is cute. But Aussie is a big fat no, if you’re from Australia and you know the ‘Aussieness’ associated with the word you’d understand haha.

No, I don’t think it’s nice or usable - sorry!

I wouldn’t use it, but I think almost anything goes for a middle name.
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] comes to mind.

I was thinking basically the same thing; I wouldn’t use the name Australia, personally, but it fits right in with [name_f]Estella[/name_f]/[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]/[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]. A bit odd for the fact that it’s the name of a continent (imo) but in terms of sound is not that far fetched. I don’t really like it, though.

It is only a nice name for a girl is she is a country.