Is Ava over popular? 8 days to go :-0

I Find myself loving the name [name]Ava[/name] recently, and now that we have scheduled our c-section for Friday the 5th of [name]October[/name], I now have only 8 days to decide!
I was wondering if you could tell me where you live, and how popular [name]Ava[/name] is there… I also find myself loving [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Emilie[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], and [name]Amelia[/name] as well. My husband loves [name]Sloan[/name] (not so popular).
All name are popular, but I’m really curious to see how much so in certain areas.
Thanks so much!

I think [name]Ava[/name] is sweet. I know one baby named [name]Ava[/name], and I’m from the midwest. I’ve also lived in [name]Colorado[/name] within the past few years, and never met a baby [name]Ava[/name] there. Good luck! I really like [name]Olivia[/name] too!

Given that we wrote a book called Beyond [name]Ava[/name] & [name]Aiden[/name], about names that have become overpopular, I’d have to say yes. (Sorry!!) Plus there are also lots of Evas (often pronounced the same), Avelines, Evelyns etc.

That said, your favorite names are all gorgeous classics and you may decide that you love them too much to worry about popularity!

I live in the northeast and only know an [name]Eva[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] that helps

If you love it, use it. The names you’ve mentioned are popular because they’re beautiful.

I’ve only met 2 [name]Ava[/name]'s before, even though it was the third most popular name in my state in 2011. I’ve met way more [name]Emma[/name]'s, [name]Sophia[/name]'s, and [name]Isabella[/name]'s here. I live in the [name]North[/name] [name]East[/name], for reference.

Also forgot to mention that I think [name]Ava[/name] is a beautiful name. If you love it, use it!

For me, yes. But I love [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name], and those have always been popular. If you love [name]Ava[/name], go for it. Out of all the ones you listed, I like [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] the best.

[name]Sophia[/name] is soooo overused here- I’m in [name]Alabama[/name].

I live in the South and have known one [name]Ava[/name]. She was the child of a co-worker and would be about three now.

I live in [name]Canada[/name] and it has been in the top 5 now for a few years. Where I live it is popular. My niece is named [name]Ava[/name] actually.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eva[/name], a little less popular and still sweet. I also like [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name].

[name]Ava[/name] (really all of the names you listed, even though I [name]DO[/name] love most of them!) are uber popular. [name]Sloan[/name] is more uncommon, but highly unattractive and masculine.

What about [name]Ada[/name]?

I know exactly 1 [name]Ava[/name] and she was just born! No one in my son’s classes have had that name. I am from a big city, east coast.

I live in small town [name]Indiana[/name]. I know two [name]Ava[/name]'s. [name]One[/name] is my niece’s newborn daughter, the other is a 3 year old at my son’s daycare. I know of a couple more whether I’ve met them in passing or know their parents. All are 4 years old or younger.

I like in the Southwest and I only know of one Ava, but it is number 7 in my state with 260 girls named it in 2011.

Out of your list I really like Amelia and Olivia. I don’t like Sloan because it just sounds and looks unattractive to me.

I like the suggestion of Ada.

I live in New [name]England[/name], and I know only two [name]Ava[/name]'s - both about 7 years old. If you love [name]Ava[/name], go for it! Popularity does not matter, especially if you love the name. :slight_smile:

[name]One[/name] word-YES

BUT I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Emilie[/name]!!! Underline that and put it in bold. I think you could use the combo [name]Emilie[/name] [name]Sofia[/name].

I completely think if you love a name use it!! I live in [name]Canada[/name] and have only heard of one of my distant friends (who lives 6 hours away) that names her daughter [name]Ava[/name], and there is a 10 year old girl I sort of know in my town with this name (the only [name]Ava[/name] in out small town of 3500 people that I know of). Considering it is one of the top names it seems uncommon to me. I know a lot more [name]Dani[/name]'s (my daughters name and it definitely is lower on the popularity rankings.