is Ava too dated?

By that, I mean is [name_f]Ava[/name_f] considered a [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] or [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] of the 2010s? [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it is a classic name, I’m afraid that it’s going to be considered dated. In 10 years do you think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] will go down in popularity?

Yes, [name_f]Ava[/name_f] will be associated with the 2010 decade [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

It will be in future. But a dated name doesn’t equal a bad name. [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] is dated, for example, but it’s still very lovely. As is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

I don’t know. It’s true that [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is really popular now, but I find it similar to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. It didn’t come out of nowhere, and it has history. It’s also true that many Avas, Sophias, Olivias, and Isabellas are usually young girls, but that’s not always the case. I know a fifty year old woman named [name_f]Ava[/name_f], a few teenagers named [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and many babies named [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. Also, it really is a gorgeous name. So no, I don’t think it will be “dated” in a couple of decades.

I agree [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is a classic name that has been around a long time. However, I do think it will be dated as the problem with the name is it had such a huge surge in use in a specific time period ( the last decade). If you look at the statistics for this name it is a fairly uncommon name for a over a century and then it jumps super fast very high up the charts.
To me that is the pattern for a name that is going to be dated. I would be more inclined to pick a popular name that has a very steady rise or decrease in popularity than something that suddenly surges up as inevitably it will likely surge down quite fast.

If I heard an [name_f]Ava[/name_f], I would assume she was under the age of 5. So yeah it will become dated in the next few years. I hope [name_f]Ava[/name_f] goes down in popularity because I’m getting really tired of hearing it. Seems like every other girl is being named [name_f]Ava[/name_f] these days.

I think it will be a name that can be traced back to the 2010’s, yes, but mainly because it rose so quickly, and has been a top 5 name consistently since it came up.

I’m not sure if it will become ‘dated’ there are names which I consider similar in style to [name_f]Ava[/name_f], such a [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]…
I think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is by far the prettiest of all them though. All of the [name_f]Ava[/name_f]'s I know are under 5 (bar one who is 9) so it will perhaps rop in popularity but I don’t think it will be dated - it might become a classic, I think its really beautiful but insanely popular everywhere I go I hear people calling ‘[name_f]Ava[/name_f] come here!’

Thank you all so much for your opinions, I really and truly value them! I love the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f], but I’m at least 6-7 years away from having babies. I’m hoping that by then it will at least go down to the 50s on the SSA list. What goes up must come down, right? :slight_smile: