Is Camellia too similar to the surname Castellan?

I’m writing a story and i want to use the name [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] for the main character, but i feel like it sounds to similar to her surname, Castellan…what do you guys think? Please suggest some other names if it’s too similar (it has to be a flower name though)

I’m saying it out loud to see how it sounds — like if I was reading and the full name came up, would it sound strange? — and honestly I don’t see much of an issue.

As for other ideas, I’m not really great with flower names, aside from the obvious ones like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f], which I’m gonna assume is not what you have in mind. So I just went through the latter eight pages of flower names on this site and picked a grand total of three that I thought might be good — considering your choice of [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] — and aren’t the most obvious choices:

[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f] (’violet flower’)

[name_f]Elestren[/name_f] (‘iris’)

Linnaea/Linnea (‘twinflower’)

Thank you for the suggestions! I was also thinking of [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] but [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] just sounded better to me :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] Castellan doesn’t sound too strange though, since i thought it sounded really similar

1 Like

I like those two names together! Some parents do give children rather matchy first and last names, and I think the alliteration is cute!

thank you! :grin:

I think it sounds just fine

I think it sounds so cool.