Is Cassius A Good Name?

Is [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] a good name for a boy? I like the name [name_m]Castiel[/name_m] but it’s too connected to the TV show Supernatural. I like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] as well - would they be safer options? And while I’m on the subject, how would you pronounce it?

I think [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is fine. Closely associated with [name_m]Muhammad[/name_m] [name_u]Ali[/name_u] (which might be a good thing or bad). I pronounce it [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us. The nicknames [name_m]Cash[/name_m] and [name_u]Cass[/name_u] are great, if you’re a nicknamer!

I personally love [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]—it might be “safer” in the sense that everyone will pronounce it correctly, I guess…

[name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us or [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-ee-us

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is a great name. I also really like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]. [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] is nice. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] would be less likely to be mispronounced I imagine but it seems people even mispronounce classics like [name_f]Sara[/name_f]/[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] so I don’t worry that much about that, personally.

I really like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] but much prefer the [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us pronunciation. I’m neutral on [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us. I think it’s a strong choice for a boy. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is also nice. I think [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is safer than [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], which I’m not a fan of.

I pronounce it as [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-ee-us, I’m not a fan of the [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us pronunciation. If you pronounce it [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us then I like both [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] more, if not then it’s my favorite out of the three. Masculine, sweet and unique name

Yes, it’s a great name! Makes me think of [name_m]Muhammad[/name_m] [name_u]Ali[/name_u], too.

I really like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]! (pronounced cass-ee-us) Very strong and handsome!

I don’t like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]. And [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] killed [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] once…

I use the word safe because my family generally uses the more common, popular, modern names - [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jayden[/name_u]. They’re adorable, and I really love them, but they aren’t really my style; so I wonder if a [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] would feel out of place with cousins [name_u]Rikki[/name_u], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and [name_m]Cooper[/name_m]. I’m probably being too nervous, sorry about that!

Thanks so much for your help.

My boyfriend and I are still trying to work out pronunciation - we both like them all but we have preferences on certain ones; he likes [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-us and [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-ee-us, and I like [name_u]Cass[/name_u]-e-us. Thanks for your help!

I do have to take the bad with the good! I agree - but history isn’t everything, to be fair. Thanks very much for your help :smiley:

I really like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], but only pronounced [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us. I don’t like either of the [name_m]CASH[/name_m] pronunciations.

I think [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] is a much safer option, if you like it, but I don’t think [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is that ‘out there’ either. [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] might be a good middle ground.

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is a fantastic name and I would pronounce it [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]. I pronounce it “[name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us.”

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (way more popular though)!