Is Charlotte prissy?

See the results of this poll: How do you perceive Charlotte? Choose all that apply

Respondents: 62 (This poll is closed)

• prissy : 13 (9%)
  • plain : 9 (6%)
  • girly : 35 (24%)
  • soft : 25 (17%)
  • elegant : 43 (30%)
  • harsh : 2 (1%)
  • strong: 16 (11%)

sorry, bumping this - opinions please?

I don’t think the name itself is prissy, but it depends on the girl’s personality.

I agree, because I know some really sweet Charlottes, but there was one at the VBS table I taught who was a little brat, so that’s who I think of. So no, it depends on the child, but the name itself is fine.

I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name] - there are so many great nn to go with it to. But I really like the elegance and timelessness of the name itself. (Not [name]Prissy[/name] at all!)

I think the name is girly, elegant, and strong. I like it alot. I’d never use it, but that’s the general vibe. I think my opinion would change if I ever met a [name]Charlotte[/name].

• [name]Athena[/name]

I voted girly, soft, and elegant. :slight_smile: It’s so gorgeous, imo, I would love to both meet a [name]Charlotte[/name], and use it one day!

I know a 7 year old [name]Charlotte[/name] who the free spirit, tomboy type and leaves a good impression of the name

I love [name]Charlotte[/name]. It’s not prissy to me at all. I view it as elegant and charming. It’s a terrific as a first name and amazing as a middle name.

I don’t find it prissy at all, I think it’s beautiful. It’s a strong name, but it’s a feminine name - not prissy at all.

I think it probably was prissy once upon a time, but now I think it’s so overdone that it doesn’t have a particular ‘feel’ given there are so many different girls with the name!

Personally, I find [name]Charlotte[/name] quite plain. My middle name is [name]Charlotte[/name], and I dont like it at all-just not my taste! I do think that [name]Charlotte[/name] is nice, and would suit somebody anybody, no matter what their age was. :-)xo

The two adjectives that best describe [name]Charlotte[/name] for me are : strong and elegant.

I don’t think so…and there’s so many spunky nn’s for [name]Charlotte[/name]…[name]Charlie[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Lotta[/name], [name]Lottie[/name]…definately not prissy!!!

I don’t find it prissy at all! I think it’s beautiful, elegant and strong. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] is a normal name here in the UK, especially for teenagers and girls in their early twenties. Lol if [name]Charlotte[/name] was prissy, what would top two US choices [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] be? I wonder. ^^ [name]Charlotte[/name] has always felt like a nice, accessible name, even though it’s not personally my style these days. If YOU like it, go for it.

It’s very feminine but not prissy at all, it would be on my list but the hubby doesn’t like it. Great name though.