Is Cora a stretch for nn for Corinne?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cora[/name]…love [name]Corinne[/name]…HATE [name]Cori[/name] for a girl. I can’t think of any other nn that goes with [name]Corinne[/name], though. Thoughts?

I think [name]Cora[/name] is a perfect nickname for [name]Corinne[/name]! Others are… [name]Rin[/name], [name]Ori[/name]?

I think [name]Cora[/name] definitely works as a nn for [name]Corinne[/name], Some other nicknames might be [name]Coco[/name] & [name]Connie[/name],

Agree! [name]Both[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] &[name]Cora[/name] are great names and [name]Cora[/name] absolutely works as a nn but keep in mind most nn are determined by playmates and school friends making [name]Cori[/name] the name likely to stick.

[name]Cora[/name] and [name]Corinne[/name] are both beautiful but I don’t think [name]Corinne[/name] needs a nickname, especially a name as solid as [name]Cora[/name]. I think [name]Corinne[/name] is fine on its own. It doesn’t need shortening. It’s only two syllables.

I think [name]Cora[/name] makes perfect sense for [name]Corinne[/name]. My best friend is named [name]Corinne[/name]. Usually we just call her [name]Corinne[/name] but we often call her [name]Cori[/name] and [name]Coco[/name] as well but more in a silly way. I think [name]Cora[/name] is sweet.

I think the nn [name]Cora[/name] works fine for [name]Corinne[/name]! I always found [name]Corinna[/name] (cor-[name]RIN[/name]-ah) more intuitive for the nn [name]Cora[/name], since it contains the “A”, but I wouldn’t feel like my mind was blown or anything if I met a [name]Corinne[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]. :slight_smile: I think it’s lovely.

I definitely would use [name]Cora[/name] as a nickname for [name]Corinne[/name], I agree, [name]Cori[/name] isn’t the best nn. I love both names. [name]Cora[/name] is such a lovely little name. And [name]Corinne[/name] sounds very mature.

I don’t understand the purpose of using [name]Cora[/name] as a nickname when it’s the exact same length as [name]Corinne[/name].

People tend to shorten names that don’t end in -ey or -ay, even if it is the same amount of syllables. I know an [name]Eva[/name] who goes by [name]Evie[/name]; a [name]Christine[/name] called [name]Chrissy[/name] and an [name]Ella[/name] called [name]Ellie[/name]. Though I do agree with what you implied; [name]Corinne[/name] doesn’t need a nickname.

But, when [name]Corinne[/name] is nine, don’t be surprised if the teacher refers to her as [name]Cori[/name].

Does [name]Corinne[/name] have a middle name set yet? I was thinking that something like [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Amanda[/name] or [name]Corinne[/name] [name]May[/name] would be a good way to help get to [name]Cora[/name] because:
[name]CORinne[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]
[name]CORinne[/name] mAy

(This also works if your last name has an A in it)

But even if [name]Corinne[/name]'s middle name has no A in it, [name]Cora[/name] is still close enough that no one will question it :slight_smile: