Is Corbin unisex?

I see [name]Corbin[/name] as a male name, but I’ve seen it listed on some websites as unisex. Have you ever known a female named [name]Corbin[/name]? Does it seem like a name that may become a girls’ name? I like it for a boy, but don’t want to use it if it could be seen as “girly.”

I agree with you that [name]Corbin[/name] seems more male than female. However, the name [name]Corwin[/name], I do like for a girl. I think the “w” softens it up just enough to be considered “girly.” I prefer the spelling Corwyn to denote the feminine gender.

I would check the source and try to find out how they define “unisex”. In my opinion, just because a boy’s name has been given to a girl in one or more recorded instances, that does not in fact warrant its catergorization as a unisex name, let alone a girly one (a perfect example of this would be the name [name]Elliott[/name]). I don’t doubt that there’s a girl or two out there named [name]Corbin[/name] (if you look hard enough, you’ll find far worse), and I suspect that might be the reason behind the classification you came across, but I certainly wouldn’t let this stop me from using the name for my son if I loved it.

On the other hand, if it’s important to you to make sure that your son’s name is all boy, you might be better served by going with a more traditional boy’s name that is more solidly masculine, if not in sound then at least in widespread recognition.
Perhaps you might like:
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]

I see corbin as strongly masculine, besides the nn, corie or corbie the overall celeb appeal and spelling just comes off male.

All male to me.

No, it’s not unisex.

no

[name]Corbin[/name] is 100% boy to me, too! (I can’t even imagine it on a girl…)

If you’re worried about it going to the girls, though, you may also like:

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Breckin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]