Is Declan usable?

We both like the name [name_m]Declan[/name_m]. It’s unusual, at least here in the south. But is it really a usable name?
What are your honest opinions? Is it considered “trendy”? If you met a little boy named [name_m]Declan[/name_m] what would be your first thought?

All opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Edit: We aren’t fans of the Aiden/Kayden/Brayden sounding names. We think Declan stands out, do you think it blends in?

I like [name_m]Declan[/name_m], I think it is usable :slight_smile: If I’d meet a [name_m]Declan[/name_m] I’d think the name is awesome and badass

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. I go to school in the south, and I think [name_m]Declan[/name_m] actually fits nicely with the trends down there. I love [name_m]Declan[/name_m], I think it’s strong but fun!

It’s definitely usable. I like it and think it’s a cool name. My first thought is honestly a deck on the ocean, but I don’t consider that a bad association.

I think [name_m]Declan[/name_m] is definitely usable. It ranks just outside the top 100 names for boys, so I would say it is pretty popular/trendy.

My almost-two-year-old nephew is named [name_m]Declan[/name_m] and it’s totally wearable. It’s somewhat new to the US but isn’t made up. I was actually surprised that it didn’t make the top 100 list for 2017. I think it’s a great choice!

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] is a great name. My cousin named his son [name_m]Declan[/name_m]. I think it definitely has a different vibe than [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] and waaaay different from [name_u]Brayden[/name_u], [name_m]Cayden[/name_m], etc. Rising in popularity but not trendy. I think it’s handsome, sophisticated and a bit adventurous. Good luck.

my only problem with it is that it doesn’t seem too wearable on a grown man imo, and its a bit trendy for my taste. But others obviously disagree as its very popular where i live

Why wouldn’t it be usable? I like it.

Definitely. It’s a good, solid name and not “trendy” at all, in my opinion. I’ve known both young and old [name_m]Declan[/name_m]'s, so I think it ages well and certainly has a handsome quality to it. I like it! :slight_smile:

I like it and think it’s totally useable

I love the name [name_m]Declan[/name_m]! I definitely think it’s usable, and stands out from [name_u]Brayden[/name_u]/[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]/Aidens while still being able to not be so unusual he’ll get teased. I know a [name_m]Declan[/name_m] in his late teens and the name has worked for him, even though it wasn’t as popular when he was named it.

I know a few Declans and they’ve all been good guys so I have positive associations - think sounds better with US accent than mine too.

I think it’s completely usable! I know a couple of young Declans and to me it has an “Irish import” vibe but goes well with names that are on-trend in the U.S. I like the possible nicknames of Dec or [name_m]Dex[/name_m], but the Declans I know use the full name.

Absolutely, it’s my favorite Irish boy’s name. If it’s good enough for [name_u]Reese[/name_u] Witherspoon…

Definitely usable. The two Declans that I know are in different countries. One lives locally, and is in high school.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I love [name_m]Declan[/name_m] so much I’d actually choose it myself. I teach in [name_f]Alabama[/name_f], and call some pretty bizarre / unoriginal / made up names every day during attendance. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] would stand out as refreshing and fun.

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] is usable here.

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] is beyond usable – it’s 100% mainstream (in a good way)!

Her son is [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] not [name_m]Declan[/name_m], just sayin’