Is Edith too stuffy for real life?

So I’ve been on an E name kick lately (my other current fave is [name_f]Esme[/name_f]) and I wonder what you guys think of [name_f]Edith[/name_f]? I actually quite like it, mostly for the nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f] which I adore.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know any little [name_f]Edith[/name_f]'s? Can you realistically see it on a little girl? Is it way too stuffy and old ladyish to use on a baby?
Are there any other names that would give the [name_f]Edie[/name_f] nn? Spunky middle name for [name_f]Edith[/name_f]? Advise me, haha

Definitely NOT too stuffy! I really like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and the sweet nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

You could also get [name_f]Edie[/name_f] from:

[name_f]Eda[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Edna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Edina[/name_f]
[name_f]Edwina[/name_f]
[name_f]Edra[/name_f]

… but my favourite is still lovely [name_f]Edith[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Spunky middle name ideas:

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Siobhan[/name_f]

@ew314 Thank you!! I adore [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is gorgeous. Using the nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f] really lends itself to not being too “old lady”.

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the name [name_f]Edith[/name_f], but I do think it is wearable! It is more popular now than it has been in a very long time and it is becoming more popular all the time. And I think nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is really cute!

Congrats on your new little one coming this summer!!

@aread Thank you!! I really love [name_f]Edie[/name_f], but not as a stand alone.

The main thing I worry about with [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is getting [name_m]Archie[/name_m] Bunker references from my parents/aunts and uncles/ others of that generation. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Especially if you’re in your 50s+?

I adore [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a stand alone name. I have [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] on my favorite list. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is okay. I do not feel the name is stuffy. I honestly think we will be seeing more Ediths around in the next few years.