Is Eli too close to Alex?

I have an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and really like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] ( in our top 2) if we ever have another boy. We are big on nicknames and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] gets [name_u]Alex[/name_u] most of the time. Is [name_u]Eli[/name_u] from [name_u]Elias[/name_u] too close to [name_u]Alex[/name_u]? I don’t think it is myself?

No not really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not at all :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s too close

1 Like

Nope!

1 Like

Phew ok thanks :blush:

To me they don’t seem similar at all.

1 Like

How is it close? :face_with_monocle: I think they’re completely different

Maybe the El/Al sound?
But I don’t know, hence why I asked :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can see that they share similar sounds but they are definitely not too close!

1 Like

no i don’t find it close at all :blush:

1 Like

Not at all! They sound great together

1 Like

Its really more like Ee vs [name_m]Al[/name_m]. Unless you say [name_u]Eli[/name_u] like El-lye? I say Ee-lye.

1 Like

I think it’s because of the way [name_u]Elias[/name_u] is said in two different ways. El-e-as or E-ly-us. The first option some could argue does sound a bit like [name_u]Alex[/name_u].
I actually say it as E-ly-us though.

No. I do see what you’re saying but I don’t think there’s any way they would mishear their names or get confused.

1 Like

[name_u]Eli[/name_u] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u] sound like natural brothers to me! I don’t think they’re too close at all.

1 Like

I think they sound well together!

1 Like

No. [name_u]Eli[/name_u] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_m]Alec[/name_m] are too close (and a bit cringy) but [name_u]Eli[/name_u] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u] are fine.

1 Like

No, I think they’re fine. Especially since they both have distinct longer forms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I don’t see the similarity at all