Is Elizabeth too popular?

I have always loved the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] and especially the nickname [name]Beth[/name] since reading [name]Little[/name] Women. Dh loves the nickname [name]Ellie[/name] and my family likes to have their own nickname for the kids (everyone in my family call DD [name]Grace[/name] something different). However I am worried a bit about the length and popularity of the name. It would most likely be [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. What do you think?

I think that [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is beautiful! I love the fact that there are so many nn options with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and also it is a family name for me.

Yes, [name]Elizabeth[/name] is popular (No# 12 last year in the US) but it has been for generations. The reason: its classic and timeless quality plus an abundance of nn options. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is just too gorgeous to let go!

I don’t think so! I love the amount of nicknames is has so much ([name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Beth[/name]…) that if I were to use it I would probably use it solely for that reason. It is beautiful by itself though. I really don’t think you could go wrong with it. [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Grace[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Beth[/name]) are perfect together! I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] - so classic and beautiful.

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] ! My eleven year old sister is named [name]Elizabeth[/name], she’s the only one in her class. I think the nickname possibilities are endless and very cute. If you love it, go for it.

I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a beautiful name and I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] goes very well with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about length because [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] has 14 letters and [name]Grace[/name] [name]Patricia[/name] has 13…so your close enough :slight_smile: Besides I haven’t met many [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s under the age of 25. (Keep in mind less people are naming their kids the top 100 names) Also there are A TON of nicknames such as [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Lisa[/name], [name]Lise[/name], [name]Tibby[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lulu[/name] (yes this is a legit nickname, idk why though but trust me it’s been used alot) Anyway I [name]LOVE[/name] it and I think you should use it :slight_smile:

I agree with pps. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is beautiful! And in case you need another nn option :)… My friend growing up went by Biz or Bizzy and I always thought it was cute, it probably doesn’t age as well but is so cute for a little one!

I agree with everyone! While [name]Elizabeth[/name] is popular, there are so many nn’s that it’s very easy to make it your own. It will sound great with [name]Grace[/name]. And it’s one of my middle names (the other being [name]Lorraine[/name]) so I’m kind of partial to it :o)

[name]Allison[/name]

As a high school teacher of anywhere from 125-150 students a year, I usually get one [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name] a year. Last year I had an [name]Elisabeth[/name] and this year an [name]Elizabeth[/name]; both went by the full name. I have many, many more Jessicas, Briannas (and all its spelling variations), Ashleys (still), and strange names than I ever do Elizabeths.

It’s a great name, can be translated into most languages, a saint’s name…has everything going for it.

Its not too popular at all. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is timeless and regal. No matter how many times it is used it will never go out of style. Plus with 20+ nn options, the name will never feel overused imo. I love the combo [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], infact it is on my short list. Right now I am tossing about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] as possible combos. I think with a more uncommon mn [name]Elizabeth[/name] feels perfectly unique. Its seems to be falling in popularity as well (which kinda makes me both happy and sad). In 2010 there were just over 10,000 Elizabeths both, but it 2007 there were 13,000. Thats -3,000 in just 3 years. People are chosing more “unique” names for their daughters and shying away from the classics like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] (which is a shame, but it makes our daughters names stand out all the more!). What year was your [name]Grace[/name] born? [name]Elizabeth[/name] is probably pretty equal in popularity to what [name]Grace[/name] was a few years back.

[name]Ive[/name] been gathering nns for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. So far I have:
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Liza[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name]
[name]Liz[/name]
[name]Lizzie[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Lilibet[/name]
[name]Lulu[/name]- this is new but I think it works
Bizzy
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Bet[/name]
[name]Beth[/name]
[name]Betsey[/name]- my favorite
[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Bessie[/name]

Thats 21 different names in one! Whats not to love?

My name is [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I’ve always loved it. I told my mom recently how much I appreciate her giving me the name she did. I love that it’s timeless, unlike many names in my age cohort ([name]Stephanie[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Brittany[/name]) and it has so many nickname options. My parents called me [name]Beth[/name] [name]Anne[/name] as a small child, and I’ve gone by [name]Beth[/name] for most of my life. I rarely meet another [name]Beth[/name], and she’s usually much older than me. I was always the only [name]Beth[/name] in my class, school, etc. I’ve used [name]Elizabeth[/name] more in the past few years, especially for job interviews, dealing with professors, etc.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is to die for! It’s so elegant.