Is Ezra trendy?

I really love the name [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and it’s at the top of my list for our baby boy due this summer, but I’m worried that the name is going to be/is already “trendy”. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t say trendy, I’d say that it’s popular. I know quite a few babies named [name_m]Ezra[/name_m].

Edit: (In case you aren’t aware…) IMO, the difference is that “trendy” names will be very dated in a few years and no longer used altogether. Jayden/Kaden/Brayden etc., Mackenzie/McKenzie/Mckenzee, and pop culture names like Khaleesi. Popular names will hover around the top 100 and stay there for a while. In the case of Ezra, it seems to just be approaching popularity, but I have a feeling that it won’t be going away any time soon.

I agree with @oiseau.

It’s growing in popularity, but I wouldn’t call it trendy. It’s a classic biblical name with a long history.

I agree with the previous posters- it has definitely spiked quickly in popularity, but I have a feeling it is going to stay like that for a while. I know [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]'s of all ages, but I know a lot more babies and toddlers named [name_m]Ezra[/name_m].

I agree with the others–it depends on your definition of trendy! It’s certainly not [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f]/[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]/[name_u]Jayden[/name_u]/[name_u]Bentley[/name_u] trendy, but it is trending up in popularity, and is a very stylish choice. [name_m]Will[/name_m] it be dated to the 2010s? Certainly more than it might have been for the last 100 years or so, but I am not sure I’d consider it bad trendy.

I don’t think of it as trendy, and I actually know a few more adults than children called [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. I do think it’s a little strange for someone who isn’t religious to use, but a lot of biblical names are in common usage, so I wouldn’t worry about that.