Is Frederick Wright a mouthful?

Self-explanatory really, but do you think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is a mouthful to say. Unsure about the repeated ‘r’ sound. If we used it, it’s likely he’d be called [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] sometimes too, but I’m not sure.

P.S. I’m English, so I don’t know if maybe others might say it differently… :slight_smile:

I don’t think so at all. I think it’s a darling name for a boy!

@kyla12 - Thankyou! I’m not sure if it is…

While I don’t mind the name [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], I don’t like the two r’s in the combo either. I’ve heard worse but it’s not pleasing to my ear. [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is fine but the full name doesn’t flow. I noticed that there is also a shared “er/ur” in Arthur and [name_m]Fred[/name_m]erick. Personally, I would use it in the middle spot. We don’t use our mn’s very much in real life. However, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] have a majestic quality and if you love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] more than any other name then it might be the one for you. I have a tendency to over-analyze. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s too much. I’m American, if that matters. It sounds sophisticated and masculine, and I don’t have any issues with the recurring r sound.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is not noticeably hard to say, and I like the er/ur connection that @mischa pointed out. Something I just thought of - isn’t it nice to know that whatever name you eventually go with, it’ll always be (W)Right?! (I’m so sorry, my puns are getting worse, I tried to concoct a Mr. Right one too, but it didn’t quite work!)

@mischa - Thankyou very much - you always are so effective at pointing out the pros and cons and help me to organise my thoughts!

@lcmpdx - I think it sounds sophisticated too, thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

@ciottolo - Haha! You do make me laugh, but I’ve heard that one a few times, what being married to a Mr. (W)right myself :smiley: Thanks again, I’ll think everything over.

I think it sounds fine.

I do think it is a bit hard to say, but everyone is different. I think if the names work for you and your spouse then nothing else matters :slight_smile:

I love it, I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is an underused classic and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] (or even [name_m]Fritz[/name_m]) is a great nickname. I don’t think the double “r” situation is noticable at all - go for it!. Good luck!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is a little tricky to say but it’s still usable (and I’m realllly picky about that sort of thing).

It’s not hard to say at all, and I think it’s a beautiful combination! I really like the flow of it.

Thankyou everyone for your advice! :slight_smile: