Is Grayson/Greyson becoming too trendy?

I really like this name, but want to avoid anything that’s rising dramatically.

All you have to do is look at the chart to see that [name]Grayson[/name] is rising dramatically. It’s a handsome name, but one that is trendy by its nature: A two-syllable surname-name that sounds a lot like long-time trendy [name]Jason[/name]. [name]Will[/name] it rise to the Top 10? No. You need to judge how trendy is too trendy for you.

Thank you so much for the reply!

yes

I agree that it’s becoming trendy. Plus, it’s also used on girls, spelled like Gracyn or Graysyn, which further adds to its popularity.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Grayson[/name]/[name]Greyson[/name] is a handsome name…I havent met anyone named this before…maybe it is on the rise but I would worry too much…doubt it will make the top ten or anything…

No. I think it’s important to ask people who are out in the world with lots of little kids. I think naming sites sometimes think something is too trendy because the people who discuss names might be a little ahead of the curve. I must have met thousands of children age 0 to 7 in the last few years, and do not know a [name]Grayson[/name]. Are you wondering if you’ll [name]EVER[/name] meet another one, or if there will be two Graysons in your child’s first grade class? I don’t think you have to worry much about knowing other Graysons. That being said, I also love the name [name]Graydon[/name]…but, really, if [name]Grayson[/name] is one of your favorites, “trendiness” really shouldn’t worry you too much.

I totally agree with you. I’ve been a teacher for 10 years and come across a lot of young babies and toddlers (I teach birth-3) and I know only 2 Emmas and 1 [name]Jacob[/name], the most popular names.

My husband isn’t a fan of [name]Greyson[/name], so I’m assuming it will be off the list for now anyway. Thank you for all the input!

Yes, plus it’s mainly a girls name now. I always though it sounded too feminine for a boys name.

I don’t see how it’s feminine… the color gray sure isn’t feminine, and “son” is masculine.

I always loved [name]Graydon[/name] because I’m a big fan of Thoroughly Modern [name]Millie[/name]… I’m sort of bumbed it’s trendy now, but I also don’t like how it sounds like “I’m gratin’ some cheese”.

I’m not aware of this name being used for girls at all, and it really doesn’t sound feminine to me. It sounds like a contemporary [name]Jason[/name].