Is Hamilton usable?

Okay, so hear me out. :joy:

Was talking to my family about potential names, and they suggested [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] as a favourite.

I’m not sure whether I love it or hate it at this point, but was very interested to hear your thoughts.

Do you like it? Is it usable? What combos do you like?

1 Like

I love [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]! It think it is definitely usable. The one thing I would worry about is nicknames (for example, I wouldn’t want people calling my kid [name_m]Ham[/name_m]), but I’m sure there’s a way around it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very usable, and it comes with an integrated personalized sountrack! People might assume that you named him after Alexander Hamilton or because of the broadway musical. If that doesn’t annoy you, seems like a good option.

6 Likes

well… a complicated namesake

But I still think it’s usable and has a nice sound!

9 Likes

My heart desperately wants to say yes, but my head says no.

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s usable if you don’t mind the references that pp have mentioned.

2 Likes

How dare you insult the best Founding Father! LOL, I actually prefer [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m], though.

2 Likes

er… I dare to without much regret.

6 Likes

Tell me how to say no to this? I don’t know how to say no to this…

Totally usable. More so than ever. 10 years ago I strongly considered it as a first name because it is a family name for me (the H0ratio in my family had a son [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Stan[/name_m].ley [name_m]Ham[/name_m].ilton (double middle), but I love my son’s name way more.

I love the beauty in the meaning. I really don’t love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m]. He is among my least favorite founders, though I do love the musical and think it has waaaaay amended the image of the name.

2 Likes

I don’t think it works, honestly… I just think of ham and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] (who, unfortunately, cheated on his wife…)

2 Likes

While I don’t love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] or the nickname “[name_m]Ham[/name_m],” I do think it is usable!

1 Like

Same here. I honestly feel like [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] would be a subtle Nameberry reference considering how many berries like it. :grin:

But I do think it’s usable.

3 Likes

Hamilton is okay but i find it slightly heavy

1 Like

Alexander [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] was a great patriot, and the name sounds cool!
If you don’t want to use [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], I think [name_m]Alejandro[/name_m] is another nice nod to [name_u]Alex[/name_u].

1 Like

I like [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m], I think it is definitely tied with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] but It’s kind of cool. I think it is usable. Maybe…
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]Reggie[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] [name_m]Farley[/name_m]

1 Like

I’d say it’s usable but I prefer as a middle or last name.

There is the association with Britisch formula 1 driver [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] as wel!

To me, it isn’t usable. Everyone is going to associate it with [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] the musical, especially since it was added to Disney+. I don’t hate the name. You’re just going to get a lot of people singing the [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] songs to you and asking if you’re a [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] fan.

“I am the H A M I blahdedeblah blah”, we are meant to be a democracy that functions independently."

I don’t think [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] is usable at all maybe [name_m]Milton[/name_m]? Take away the [name_m]Ham[/name_m] and it’s perfect! While [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] is a nice enough play I feel naming you’re child after a founding father is never a good idea especially since [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] while not a slave owner was compliant in the slave trade and well in general it’s never good to name you’re child after politicians, past or present!

1 Like