Is Holly too hokey??

A friend is thinking of calling her little one [name]Holly[/name]. I think it is a pretty name and goes well with her son’s name ([name]Jasper[/name]) but I’m also thinking it might not be a great name for a teen or adult. What do you think?

Honestly, I love the name [name]Holly[/name]. I think that it has a vintagey charm to it that goes well with [name]Jasper[/name], that’s just my opinion. I have known several teenage and adult [name]Holly[/name]'s and it didn’t seem odd to me.

[name]Holly[/name] is fantastic, and it’s perfect with [name]Jasper[/name]. Plant and gemstone. I have a friend by this name and she’s gorgeous and suits her name extremely well. [name]Wild[/name] black curly hair, thin and always dresses in black vintage clothes.

I also find the whole “doesn’t age well” thing weird. It’s a name! Unless the name is Honeybeelou or something…

[name]Ottilie[/name], totally agree with you that unless the name is strange like Honeybeelou then it usually will age well!

I like it. I grew up with a [name]Holly[/name] and she is in her late 20s now. I think it is just fine for teens and adults.

I love the name [name]Holly[/name]! It wears very well on a teen and adult. I have an Aunt [name]Holly[/name]. She is in her 30’s and a very professional woman.

I have a ten or so year old cousin, [name]Holly[/name] [name]Mae[/name], and I know a [name]Holly[/name] in her mid-twenties, I quite like [name]Holly[/name] and would love to meet a little one.

I’ve played an RP character named [name]Holly[/name] for ten years and scarily enough this is an accurate description of her. O_o

[name]Holly[/name] is my mother’s name, and I love it! [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] sound wonderful.

I find [name]Holly[/name] dated, but I agree that it does go well with [name]Jasper[/name].

my name is [name]Holly[/name]! I’m in my early thirties. i don’t have any complaints :slight_smile:

I definitley get some names not aging well, but I don’t think [name]Holly[/name] is one of them. I think iolly and [name]Jasper[/name] would be great together.

I think [name]Holly[/name] is adorable! I have considered it in the past. I also love it as a NN for [name]Holland[/name].

As an adult name is doesn’t work. President of the United States, Ms. [name]Holly[/name]… CEO, Ms. [name]Holly[/name]… Better to name her Hollister, and call her [name]Holly[/name] for friends and family. she could use Hollister as her professional name.

You think Hollister is professional sounding? It’s not even a first name. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid at meeting a ‘professional’ [name]Holly[/name]. The one I know in real life has a masters in maths and is training to become a teacher. Her name doesn’t make her look or sound childish and she isn’t going to get turned down for jobs because of it.

I’ve known several [name]Holly[/name]'s of various ages and never felt like it didn’t suit them. It’s a name I really like.

There are a few -y/-i/-ie nicknames that are hard to imagine on adults–like [name]Kitty[/name] or [name]Fifi[/name]/[name]Gigi[/name] etc. But generally a less serious name isn’t really going to be a problem unless you expect your kid to become a serial killer or ball-busting lawyer, and even then if you grow up into a name it comes to represent you and though it may feel slightly ironic it’ll just be who she is.

This reminds me of Guys and Dolls with the tough mob boss named [name]Julie[/name], lol

I’m sorry but I dislike the name [name]Holly[/name]. That being said, it would age perfectly fine in my opinion if you do like it!

[name]One[/name] of my closest friends is named [name]Holly[/name] and it suits her perfectly. She has beautiful red hair, is extremely spunky, down to earth, and kind hearted.

I love the name because of my association of it to her.