Is Honor too harsh?

I’ve had this name in my head for a while along with [name]Haven[/name]. Are these names too strong?

honor seems kinda tough, also it would put a lot of pressure on the kid to be honorable. haven would be a great middle name, but would be a great first name too.

I think [name]Honor[/name] sounds softer than [name]Haven[/name]…

I think they both sound a little harsh, [name]Honor[/name] more so than [name]Haven[/name]. [name]Haven[/name] sounds a little dark and sad in my opinion.

I’m not a fan of [name]Haven[/name] but I really like [name]Honor[/name]. I think it’s a great name to live up to!

I like both, but if I had to choose between the two I would probably pick [name]Haven[/name]. I definately don’t think either of them is harsh sounding at all though.

No I don’t think they sound too harsh/strong at all.

[name]Both[/name] names have actually connoted softness to me. They both make me immediately think warm and sweet, mostly because of their meanings. :slight_smile:

Have you considered [name]Honorine[/name]? It’s popularity is growing in [name]France[/name] and I think its a nice alternative, a little more girly but not too much, makes it a little softer though.

Are you a fan of [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name]? She named her two daughters [name]Honor[/name] and [name]Haven[/name]. Ha ha.
[name]Honor[/name] I think is actually really nice. [name]Haven[/name] not so much.

I loveee [name]Honor[/name]-- it’s so pure and pilgrim-sounding haha, but wonderful!

I guess I’m not a believer in “living up to a name”. [name]Honor[/name] is a virtue name just as [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name] and even [name]Love[/name]. I just never heard of anyone trying to live up to their name. I’m thinking of going with [name]Honor[/name]. While I do like [name]Haven[/name], [name]Honor[/name] just seems fitting. I first heard thru of course [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name] and DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. Then i saw it in a forum a couple of weeks ago and I saw it in a whole different light. [name]Just[/name] kinda hit me.

I had never heard of the name [name]Honor[/name] until just a few years ago, and I only heard it on television ([name]Gilmore[/name] Girls!!!), and I had no idea for my life what that name was. I thought they were saying “[name]Anner[/name]” like some weird form of “[name]Anna[/name]”? It literally took me about a year to realize they were saying “[name]Honor[/name]”. Anyway, just thought you might be interested in that experience, because some people might not have heard the name and have the same reaction? I don’t know that I think it’s “harsh”, but I personally don’t care for it because of that.