Is Honora too long a middle name?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

Thinking of using [name_f]Honora[/name_f] as a middle name if we have a girl potentially, it was my great grandmother’s name and she was from [name_u]Clare[/name_u] in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. I am just worried that it’s too long a middle name for a child who will have two? And then all the names I like end in -A, but I love the sound and meaning so much. :frowning:

Our surname will start with an O and end in an -n. It’ll only be five letters, but we are considering [name_f]Marielle[/name_f], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] etc. for a girl.

Thanks!

Depends on the name. I think [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] is too long but if you used for example [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] it would work

Maybe I’m baised (just look at my signature), but I don’t see a problem with it.

I don’t think it’s too long! I love a long name! Middle names are not used with firsts very often, so her day-to-day name won’t be a mouthful, even if her formal, full name is long. If it’s what you love, use it!!

I don’t think it’s too long, it’s more how it works with the fn. [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] is a great combo! [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] is a little to rhyming for me, but [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Honor[/name_f] works great and still honors your great-grandmother. You could use [name_u]Clare[/name_u] if you want a short mn.

Tons of names have three syllables, but I would prefer just [name_f]Honor[/name_f]. I don’t like how it sounds overly girly with the a at the end, and you can still honor her.

I don’t think it’s too long, and I’m one that likes repeated -a endings in a combo, so that wouldn’t bother me at all. I think it’d be lovely to honor your ancestry with such a lovely middle name.

I think [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] would be gorgeous (just going on the combo in your signature). Also, [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] would be lovely too.

I think [name_u]Clare[/name_u] would also be a nice way to honor your great grandmother too, if you did so like the name. It’s not a lengthy name, so if the length of a middle does ultimately bother you, it may be something you’d consider.

I think middle names can be long too.

I find that having a nice flow is more important than length. [name_m]How[/name_m] many syllables is the last name?

The last name is two syllables. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Marielle[/name_f] [name_f]Honora[/name_f] doesn’t sound bad at all.

With a shorter last name I think it’s fine! Especially if it’s a meaningful family name.