Is Isla trendy?

Thanks so much for the advice! My sons ended up with Welsh names merely by accident. [name]Owen[/name] was my husband’s pick and I loved [name]Rhys[/name]. They both have traditional middles after family. [name]Owen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. I am leaning towards [name]Isla[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] if we have a girl - [name]Katherine[/name] after 2 grandmothers. I agree - even with [name]Isla[/name] at 334 it is certainly no where near the top 20! Also most people ( not on nameberry) do not know how to even say it- with after having a [name]Rhys[/name] I am prepared for! [name]Lily[/name] is so pretty but I feel so common, sadly!

Wow, [name]Lemon[/name]- what an articulate response! I completely agree with you as well. I really dislike the term ‘trendy’ because I am never quite sure what other people mean by it. I prefer the term ‘on trend’ which could describe various trends in naming from vintage classics to alternative spellings!

I wouldn’t describe [name]Isla[/name] as being ‘trendy’. However, I don’t think it is a classic name as it hasn’t been used for long enough. As far as I know, it originates from [name]Scotland[/name] and is part of the trend for naming children after islands off their coast. It is also part of the trend for short, pretty feminine names like [name]Ella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], etc and I can see it rising up the charts.