Is it gonna get to Olivia status soon??😫🙈

Hey, my fellow berries!! I need help again!! So, we decided on the name [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and we were definitely going to use it but I was going through other forums and saw some fellow berries talking about [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and some one said it was “trendy” and I’m scared it will rise up in popularity in the future as we want our girl to have a extremely popular name!! Should we still use it??
[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!!

I don’t think it will be popular, and definitely not as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. For most people I think it’s too tied to the video game, so I think it will be pretty quietly used.

I think it’s trendy but not popular. As in it follows current fashions and will fit in in the playground but I don’t think it will hit the top 10

I agree, I think it fits with modern trends but I don’t see it getting to the top 50 let alone the top ten.

It won’t be the next [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. It might be the next [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

I say it won’t hit the top 100, or probably 200! It has a quirky feel that I think makes it trendy on nameberry, but not so much elsewhere.

I don’t think it’ll be nearly as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and it may not even ever crack the top 100, but I do think it will be very popular among people who like quirky names. I think the best equivalent I can think of is [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] isn’t crazily popular, but I know a fair amount of hipsters (for lack of a better terms) and I know three little girls named [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! So, I think it kind of depends on what circles you run in. If you have a bunch of quirky or hipster friends, maybe avoid, but otherwise, I think you’re fine! Especially if you use it soon - I don’t think it’ll really take off for another couple of years.

Agreed! I’d be shocked if it makes the top 400, honestly, and that’s even pushing it. I didn’t even think it registered on the SSA list (top 1000), and was shocked to find it at number 647. I wouldn’t have even guessed it would make it to the top 500 if I’d answered before checking to see where it ranked. I think quirky “Z” names are hit or miss (what “Z” names are popular that you know of? [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]? [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]? [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] and [name_m]Xander[/name_m] when misspelled? Most others that are semi-stylish right now–[name_f]Zoya[/name_f], [name_f]Zoelie[/name_f], [name_f]Zora[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_m]Zeke[/name_m], [name_m]Zane[/name_m], [name_f]Zofia[/name_f], [name_f]Zuzanna[/name_f], [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], etc., are pretty far from the top 100)–it may be a stylish letter, but it’s not a popular stylish letter. :slight_smile: I can’t imagine [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] getting much more popular than she is now. It’s not even been in the top 500 since 1934, and the highest it’s ever gotten is 376, in 1911. I think you’re safe! :slight_smile:

BTW, [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love it.

Here is an example where a trendy name isn’t necessarily destined to become extremely popular. The number of Zeldas named in the US more than doubled from 2014 to 2015, which is pretty impressive. However there is a long way to go from 439 Zeldas named per year to 19,000. I agree with others that [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is too quirky a name to reach [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]-level popularity.

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is adorable! maybe top 100 but can’t see it in top 10. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] on the other hand…I have a feeling it’ll be too 10 in a few years. About 5 years ago I started meeting tons of little charlottes and [name_u]Harper[/name_u]'s…and now I know quite a few baby Juliets. It is a gorgeous name-I don’t think top 10 is bad at all…just means lots of people love it!

There is NO [name_m]WAY[/name_m] it will end up as the next [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! I adore [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] but it is so far from trendy it’s not even funny… It’s quirky, unusual, and unique. I highly doubt it will ever become a top 200 name. The only [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] I’ve ever met in person was my great grandma’s sister. It’s a lovely name! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t change it!

Definitely won’t get as popular as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I agree with this. It won’t make it to the top, being a unique name, but it will become a popular unique name. Does that kind of make sense? It tends to be classic/common names that make it to the top of the list, like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

I haven’t heard of it being trendy

[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is not the next [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

No.
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] perhaps fits in the vintage category, so I would picture its popularity to rise maximally to that of names like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f].
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] has too many hard consonants for today’s vowel-heavy names.

I don’t think that it’ll get that popular.