Is it over for Lucy?

We love the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for our daughter, but I got the feeling lately that [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is perceived as either bland or “out of style”/“grandma name”.

I normally don’t care about popularity, but I don’t want my daughter to feel like she is a sore thumb because of her name.

I couldn’t think of a better way than posting here to see if my feelings are correct.

Absolutely not! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a beautiful name. I’va loved it for many years. In fact [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], is gaining popularity at the moment.

It’s definitely not over for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] last year it was #55.

I don’t think of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as stale or old lady-ish at all. I think it is cute, sweet, vintage… and on the downside, a little cutesy and very popular right now.

I don’t see [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] like that at all. I think it’s got charm.

I know several young ladies named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], so to me it seems pretty popular right now. That might lead a bit to the bland feeling, if you hear it around enough, but the popularity still depends a lot on where you live. It’s a spunky, classic name that doesn’t seem out of place on a grown woman. I don’t think you can go wrong with it, unless being too popular would bother you.

You should go for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! It’s a really sweet name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it. I see it as a classic full of spunk.

Oh no! We picked [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for our baby due this winter and we love it! I’m too scared to tell anyone we know the name we’ve chosen but I’ve only seen and gotten positive feedback on name berry!
I haven’t read the other replies yet but I’m sure you’ve gotten some great responses!
While [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a little more popular than we’d originally thought, it’s a solid name that isn’t overdone in my opinion.
It has fabulous history and for such a short name we love that our little [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] will get [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a cute nick name. It’s such a bright, sweet, lovely choice!
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you’re feeling encouraged about your choice!
Good luck!

My toddler is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and we [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it! It fits her perfectly and I’m SO glad we didn’t choose a longer version of the name and then just have [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a nickname. I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a great name in and of itself. She is a surprise red-head too (neither my husband or I have red hair) and is just so spunky and sassy. We call her [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] or [name_f]Lil[/name_f] [name_f]Lu[/name_f]. It’s a great name!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is an amazing name! I don’t think it sounds “old ladyish” at all!! It’s fresh, feminine, sweet, and all-around beautiful.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is nice name. It means Bringer of light and its numerology number is 4. I founded my baby name on a website called Babynology

I love it! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]'s in my top 10!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is fine. It does not feel like an old woman name.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is ever nice name for baby girl. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is an Irish girl name which means [name_m]Light[/name_m]. I found Numerology too at Babynamescube.com

What country are you in? I can only speak for the US but I definitely don’t think it is considered an old lady name here. It’s actually gaining popularity, and for good reason, since it’s such a beautiful name!

No way! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is experiencing a surge in popularity over the last 20 years or so! I think it’s adorable!

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! I think it’s a name that will always feel fresh - I think for me it’s because of the Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. I don’t think it will ever fall out of style.

No, if anything, she is getting really popular. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is adorable.