Is it such a terrible name?

What about [name]Ozias[/name] as a FN?
You could call him [name]Oz[/name]/[name]Ozzie[/name] at home, but he would still have a longer name to fall back on since there are some problems with just [name]Oz[/name] as a name. I know [name]Ozias[/name] isn’t from any of the origins you listed, but it does seem to fit with your style–it has that long “i” sound that a lot of the names you like do. I like [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Ozias[/name] together. (I love [name]Bodhi[/name]!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like all your names but [name]Bodhi[/name] is still my favorite!

[name]Oscar[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]/[name]Ozzy[/name] is nice…otherwise, definately not something Id reccomend

I knew a guy in college named [name]Oz[/name]. I liked it for him. Granted, I was older when I met him (who knows how I would have reacted in, say, elementary school), but it never struck me as an odd name.

I think you are fine. Kids find ways to pick on each other even if their names are [name]Amy[/name] (lamey) or [name]Matt[/name] (place matt, etc). If you love [name]Oz[/name] I think you should go for it. It can easily be a nickname for [name]Oswald[/name], or [name]Oscar[/name], etc. I think of a cool, interesting kid.

Right not we’re considering [name]Bodhi[/name], [name]Kai[/name], [name]Ren[/name] and Chai/[name]Chaim[/name]. I’m feeling partial toward [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Ren[/name]. The other half really likes [name]Kai[/name]. I like it but I’m not in “love” with it.

Our brother half-jokingly half-seriously suggested we consider the name [name]Oz[/name].

I absolutely love the name. Perhaps because I did not grow up in [name]America[/name] I don’t think the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] association is so bad (but then again,I don’t think Chai=tea is such a bad name). We don’t live in the US “full time” but we might be here long enough for the kids to have some schooling here. [name]Will[/name] [name]Oz[/name] be the doom of a “part time” American school aged boy?

[name]Bodhi[/name] - I know two (one child, one adult) and I like it, though it’s got Buddhist/surfer overtones to me
[name]Ren[/name] - I know one adult [name]Wren[/name], a female. Nice name
[name]Kai[/name] - I know a few toddlers with this name. I don’t like it because I think people choose because it just sounds cool, even though I know it is a name in Hawaiian and Japanese. You could go with a longer name and use it as a nickname ([name]Kyler[/name], Kylian, [name]Kyan[/name])
Chai - I don’t like this at all for a person, though I love the tea!
[name]Oz[/name] - I like it but I think should be a nickname for [name]Oscar[/name] or [name]Oswald[/name] or [name]Osmund[/name] or…