Is it weird?

[name]Just[/name] wondering what you all think- is it weird to have an [name]Alexander[/name], nn [name]Axel[/name]? I like [name]Axel[/name], but I think it’s a bit too out there for some people, and this way he could go by [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name] instead if he chooses. And what’s your opinion on [name]Axel[/name] in general? Too Guns n Roses or mechanical, or is it okay?

I love [name]Axel[/name]! :smiley: Unless you spell it [name]Axl[/name], I don’t think it’s too connected to [name]Axl[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Axel[/name] is ok. I think I like the [name]Aksel[/name] spelling better. But I like the idea of it as a nn for [name]Alexander[/name] - great idea!

Thanks guys! Any other opinions?

I’ve never heard of anyone using the nn [name]Axel[/name] for [name]Alexander[/name] but it’s definitely usuable. Now that I look at the name, if you rearrange the first four letters, you get [name]Axel[/name]. Yipee! Your a genius, [name]Daisy[/name]! Go for it!

I love it! This is the first time I have ever heard [name]Axel[/name] being used as a nn for [name]Alexander[/name]. It is so spunky and fresh. I think the nn will give the child more options. He could go as sleek [name]Alexander[/name] when needed, or refer to himself as [name]Axel[/name] in laid back environments.

My brother’s name is [name]Axel[/name] after a Swedish grandfather. He was born in the 90’s and people always used to ask my parents if they named him after [name]Axl[/name] [name]Rose[/name]… might not be as much of a problem now, though. The car part thing is there too, but so silly. My real name is [name]Paige[/name] and my sister’s name is [name]Brooke[/name] (the preppie twins! Where are [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Piper[/name], you ask? :roll: ) In case you didn’t notice those are all essentially nouns (page, brook, axle) with “different” spellings… groan. We got several comments to that effect… just don’t name your next kids Weel and Hedlite. :wink:

Thanks for that insight, fuzzycub! Great to hear from someone who knows a real [name]Axel[/name]. And I wouldn’t use any more nouns names. :smiley: Thanks again!

No prob!

I love this! Great idea! :smiley: