Is Jane too Plain?

[name]Jane[/name] is at the top of our list. However “plain jane” is a rather unfortunate rhyme and what about [name]Jane[/name] [name]Doe[/name]?

Anyone have any good suggestions for a middle name? We like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Shalom[/name].

Thanks!

I love the name [name]Jane[/name]. and with a pretty, unique middle name you wont have to worry about being plain. as. you have done with [name]Jane[/name] [name]Shalom[/name]

I love [name]Jane[/name], so to me, [name]Jane[/name] isn’t too plain at all! I think the name [name]Jane[/name] is really elegant!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] Rosabel/[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] ([name]Sophia[/name] is really popular, though)
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I don’t think [name]Jane[/name] is “too plain,” in the sense of “here’s the problem with the name [name]Jane[/name] that makes it unfit for use,” because in fact the plainness is itself the appeal of the name [name]Jane[/name]. Calling [name]Jane[/name] “too plain” to me is like calling [name]Isabella[/name] too “pretty;” when you use [name]Isabella[/name], pretty is exactly what you’re going for. But here’s the thing: if being plain is a concern of yours and what you want is a name that is decidedly un-plain, then [name]Jane[/name] is not the name for you. Plain is probably what people who do choose [name]Jane[/name] are going for; it’s the plainness that holds the key to [name]Jane[/name]'s charm. Plain is not good or bad; it’s a factor that holds immense appeal to some, and to others not so much. This is not a value issue or a debate over one name being better or worse than another. Names are personal, and people choose names in large part based on their personal subjective style. If you like the idea of a plain name, something simple and comfortable, sort of a name of the people, an every-girl’s name, [name]Jane[/name] is a great choice. But maybe you’re looking for something else?

I think the whole concept of [name]Jane[/name] being too plain now rests in your last name. To me, [name]Jane[/name] [name]Mills[/name] is too plain. Perhaps I could overcome that by naming her [name]Jane[/name] [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mills[/name], or something feminine and dramatic. But, with your [name]Jane[/name] [name]Shalom[/name], maybe a simpler last name will work. Still, she will mostly be [name]Jane[/name] LASTNAME, so it is a concern for me, at least…

Overall, though, [name]Jane[/name] is elegant and beautiful, simple and sophisticated. A true winner!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Jane[/name]. So classic and pretty. My husband nixed it because of the “plain [name]Jane[/name]” reference, but with our long ethnic last name, I think it would sound really nice. I think it goes well with yours as well!

In no way do I think [name]Jane[/name] is too plain. I honestly can’t recall knowing any [name]Jane[/name]'s . Only recently have I briefly “met” a little [name]Jane[/name] who was one yo. When I learned her name I smiled :slight_smile:

[name]Jane[/name]'s a great name. It’s not currently popular, so your [name]Jane[/name] WOULD be distinct, but if it ever did become popular, your [name]Jane[/name] would be protected from trendiness with a solid classic. A winner.

I love [name]Jane[/name]! It’s my cousin’s daughter’s name. My cousin [name]Jane[/name] has an unusual last name. Her middle name is [name]Alexandra[/name]. Very pretty.