Is Juniper too "out there?"

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!

I am 26 weeks along with baby girl Aniella (prn [name]Ann[/name]-yel-ah), which was my great grandmothers name. I had thought we had decided on her middle name, but now the hubs is worried that it’s too “out there.” The name that we decided on (and he suggested!) was Aniella [name]Juniper[/name]. The [name]Juniper[/name] tree has special significance for us since hubs is a forester and we live in the high desert of [name]New[/name] Mexico with tons of beautiful Junipers around.

I refuse to give her a “filler” MN, but told hubs I’m open to other suggestions (even though I’m secretly still pulling for my [name]Ella[/name] [name]June[/name]). We [name]LOVE[/name] nature and I have a thing for flowers, so I always envisioned the MN representing some type of nature. Everyone jokes that we’re “hippies”, and our family and friends half expected us to name her Starshine Moonbeam, so I think it’s a good compromise that the nature “hippie” name is in the middle, but alas…

Anywho, what do you all think of Aniella [name]Juniper[/name]? And any one have any ideas of other MN’s that sound good with her first name?

Thanks, friends!

• andie.

I definitely don’t think [name]Juniper[/name] is too out there! It’s a beautiful nature name and growing in popularity (recently entered the top 1000). I personally believe almost anything can go in the middle (within reason, of course), and [name]Juniper[/name] is one of the more “normal” middles I’ve seen. My cousin’s baby is named [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name], and I think it’s just beautiful! [name]Juniper[/name] is definitely usable and has that great connection to nature. Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is stunning! Go with it!

I think Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is great. I don’t think it’s too out there. But even if your husband thinks it’s a little out there, I think for a middle it’s okay to be more “out there” since it won’t be used all the time like the first name.
You could just use [name]June[/name] as the middle name and then still get your [name]Ella[/name] [name]June[/name], though I do like [name]Juniper[/name] better.

My son’s middle name is [name]Wolf[/name], and I am considering using [name]Phoenix[/name] or [name]Darwin[/name] for my next child. Obviously I am all for “out there” middle names. :slight_smile: I don’t even think [name]Juniper[/name] is really that odd. Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is great!

Aniella [name]June[/name]
Aniella [name]Marguerite[/name]
Aniella [name]Rowan[/name]
Aniella [name]Willow[/name]
Aniella [name]Heather[/name]
Aniella [name]Holly[/name]
Aniella [name]Summer[/name]

I think it’s fine as a middle name. As someone who spent their childhood in NM, I would NOT use it as a first name in that state. [name]IMO[/name] too much familiarity is not a good thing sometimes…

I think Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is lovely! Also, Aniella [name]June[/name], if you prefer the short version. Personally, I’d choose Aniella [name]June[/name]!

Older people from your parents generation might think its out there but I think younger people will be a lot more open to it. I personally love juniper, see my screen name:) it also helps when people hear how you decided on a name and since it has so much significance it’s extra special.

[name]Juniper[/name] is far from out there. Perfectly usable.

[name]Juniper[/name] is not out there. It’s spunky and fun. [name]June[/name] is nice too.

I love it! I am a huge sucker for names that have a personal story, and it only helps that both names are beautiful. I really wouldn’t worry about [name]Juniper[/name], it’s finally broken the top 1000 so it can’t be too “out there”. And besides, it’s in the MN spot, that’s the place for a more adventurous name anyway.

I like [name]Juniper[/name]… I’m not so sure I like Aniella kind of strange

I think Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is perfect. And I just wanted to point out–you’re due on my birthday :smiley:

yah a polish name :slight_smile: I think its nice, it flows really well. :))

I also think Aniella [name]Juniper[/name] is perfect and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ella[/name] [name]June[/name]! What an absolutely gorgeous combo!

I have a [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (MN looks like a filler, but it’s a very important family name). I had reservations about [name]Juniper[/name] during my pregnancy, but my DD is 2 years old & everyone compliments us on her name! It’s unique, yet easy to pronounce & spell! I love that it has meaning for your family too. My only word of caution is that your first & middle both have 3 syllables–depending on your last name, this could sound a bit clunky [name]IMO[/name].