Is London girly?

We are expecting our 4th child and my husband and I both love [name]London[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]. When we told family and friends they say [name]London[/name] is girly. I love the name and think paired with [name]Blaise[/name] it is a nice masculine name. Does any one have any thoughts on this.

To be it’s a boy’s name. A major, industrial city = boy to me

I actually find [name]Blaise[/name] more feminine than [name]London[/name]. [name]London[/name] feels like a boys name to me. Is [name]Blaise[/name] a name you’re sticking with? I love the name but paired with [name]London[/name] I’m not too sure. What do you think?

[name]London[/name] is the name we are 100% on [name]Blaise[/name] is just the only name we both liked that we felt sounded good with. We are definatlyopen to suggestions. I am not into common or old fashion names.

To be honest if I saw [name]London[/name] Surname written down on a roll or list I would assume it was a girl. [name]Blaise[/name] doesn’t change that for me. I would recommend a very masculine name in the middle to balance it out make it the gender more obvious. Some suggestions:

[name]London[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Brock[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Bryce[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Blaine[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Bligh[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Beau[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Brett[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Brent[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Brandt[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful! Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

In all honesty, I would assume a little [name]London[/name] were a girl, too, because it’s a female character on a Disney show, and I’ve only heard it on girls recently. So, while [name]London[/name] doesn’t sound feminine to me, I do have these associations.

In terms of popularity, [name]London[/name] is presently #156 for girls and #550 for boys.

I think that [name]Blaise[/name] is a great name, but because it sounds like the word “blaze,” I thought I’d mention that [name]London[/name] [name]Blaise[/name] sounds like the city of [name]London[/name] is on fire. I really liked [name]Charlie[/name]'s idea of going with a masculine middle…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I definitely feel that [name]London[/name] is a girl’s name, rather than a girly name.

I hadn’t seen the [name]London[/name] blaze till mentioned. We have in our family a gorgeous girl named [name]Blaise[/name]

Since the only [name]London[/name] I’ve known was a girl, I think of [name]London[/name] as a girl’s name. But it does sound masculine when I think about it. I would definitely go with a solid masculine name in the middle.

[name]London[/name] [name]Albert[/name] - I love the name [name]Albert[/name]. Two days ago I saw “The [name]Young[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]”.
[name]London[/name] [name]Edward[/name] - so handsome
[name]London[/name] [name]George[/name] - fun!
[name]London[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]

Wow I never realized [name]Blaise[/name] had such femanine ties. We thought of it as a strong masculine name. So maybe we need to come up with a few more middle name. Does anyone have any ideas for unique middle names for boys! Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I am not normally into traditional names but I do like the way [name]London[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds. :slight_smile:

I love [name]London[/name] [name]James[/name]! Great choice. Much, much better than [name]London[/name] [name]Blaise[/name].

And, I’ve always loved [name]London[/name] for a boy and never even thought of it for a girl. [name]Even[/name] though there are many girls now with male names and surnames as names, ex. [name]Taylor[/name], this doesn’t make these names girly on a boy but rather androgynous on a girl.

I also love [name]Holland[/name] for a boy.

I really like [name]Holland[/name] super cute name:)

I am not normally into traditional names but I do like the way [name]London[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds. :)[/quote]

[name]James[/name] is almost always an excellent choice for a middle name. Except when it’s paired with [name]Jesse[/name].

The only [name]London[/name]'s I know are girls (all under 3 except the one on that Disney [name]Channel[/name] show).

I think [name]London[/name] could be girly or masculine to be honest! I like both names although as someone mentioned earlier it does remind me of the Great [name]Fire[/name] of [name]London[/name] when they are put together!

When I first heard [name]London[/name] as a girl’s name, I thought it was actually more of a boy’s name. Have you thought of [name]Landon[/name] for a boy?

I actually know several [name]Landon[/name]'s it’s a nice name but not really our style. Our other kids are [name]Kai[/name] Trais And Irelyn and I think [name]London[/name] fits better with these. Thanks:)

I really like [name]Holland[/name] super cute name:)[/quote]

[name]Holland[/name] is great, also [name]Hudson[/name].

I like [name]London[/name] [name]James[/name] :slight_smile:

very fem to me. PLUS it sounds so much like the popular [name]Landon[/name].