Is Lou a natural nickname for Eloise?

• Yes, it’s a natural nickname in my opinion
  • No, it feels like a stretch to me

0 voters

Feels very natural to me!

1 Like

I’m very fussy about nicknames being intuitive and to me [name_u]Lou[/name_u] works. It’s not as obvious as [name_f]El[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] but it makes sense (and I prefer it).

1 Like

Yes, I think it is and I prefer it over what I think is likely the “natural” nickname of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] which I find so common now. If you plan to use it most of the time I would suggest introducing her as [name_u]Lou[/name_u] or it may just get shortened to what seems the more obvious nickname of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] would be cute too.

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone!

I think it makes sense.

I don’t think it’s a stretch or that it doesn’t make sense but I voted no because I don’t think it’s the “natural“ / default choice. I feel [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is. I think [name_u]Lou[/name_u] could work tho.

I’m Brazilian, and [name_f]Lo[/name_f] (pronounced loh) is a very common nickname for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (more commonly spelled [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f])! I do think it also sounds cuter than [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]El[/name_f].

1 Like