Is Lucienne usable in the UK?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] as from my previous post I am looking to give myself a middle name. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] seems to be the winner or maybe [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

I have another question for you all now. If I want to lengthen my name from [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] to [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] is [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] usable in the UK? I don’t have any [name_m]French[/name_m] heritage so maybe it’s not usable. This name would be for me not anyone else. Most people would probably still call me [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

Thanks for any input.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be usable in the UK, many people are familiar with [name_m]French[/name_m] due to being so close to [name_f]France[/name_f]/almost every one does basic [name_m]French[/name_m] at school. I also don’t think that [name_m]French[/name_m] heritage is really that necessary for the name [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f].

I like the name [name_f]Louise[/name_f], but it is the most common middle name of all time in the UK, which may appeal or may not make the name appeal more to you.

I’m British and see absolutely no issue with [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]. While it’s not widely used, it’s far from unheard of and we’re all familiar with [name_m]French[/name_m] so you’ll face no pronunciation issues. Beyond that, as a nation we’re very appreciative of [name_m]French[/name_m] culture and their names are often used - [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Manon[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], etc. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is also very well-known so that’s another positive.

[name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f], I’m not so sure on because they’re just so common here as filler middles when the parents can’t seem to fit anything else in? That’s not an intentionally rude comment because I understand that they’re family names for a lot of people but (this is true) 8 out of 23 girls in my class in Sixth form had the middle name [name_f]Louise[/name_f], 4 had [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and then 3 had [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. This isn’t to say you can’t use a common/classic name. My middle name is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and I’ve never met anyone my age with the same middle, so it’s worth considering. Also, [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] share a lot of sounds.

Good luck - I adore [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] x

I’m British and see absolutely no issue with [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]. While it’s not widely used, it’s far from unheard of and we’re all familiar with [name_m]French[/name_m] so you’ll face no pronunciation issues. Beyond that, as a nation we’re very appreciative of [name_m]French[/name_m] culture and their names are often used - [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Manon[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], etc. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is also very well-known so that’s another positive.

[name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f], I’m not so sure on because they’re just so common here as filler middles when the parents can’t seem to fit anything else in? That’s not an intentionally rude comment because I understand that they’re family names for a lot of people but (this is true) 8 out of 23 girls in my class in Sixth form had the middle name [name_f]Louise[/name_f], 4 had [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and then 3 had [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. This isn’t to say you can’t use a common/classic name. My middle name is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and I’ve never met anyone my age with the same middle, so it’s worth considering. Also, [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] share a lot of sounds.

Good luck - I adore [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] x