Is Maeby too Arrested Development?

I’m trying to name a female character that would be about 16/17 so born in the early 2000s.

I’m looking for a feminine name with an “ee” ending sound or a nickname option that ends in the “ee” sound

[name_f]Maeby[/name_f] is such a cute invented name. I’m considering it but is it just way too tied to Arrested Development to be used anywhere else?

Other possible choices I’m considering are:

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f], for [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

I looove this name! I watched Arrested Development a few years back and loved the name so much that I too named a character of my own [name_f]Maeby[/name_f]. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve since come to learn that fewer people than I’d expect have seen that show, and even fewer of them can properly name a character—let alone the character of [name_f]Maeby[/name_f]! I think you’re totally okay. [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] is a phenomenal name. You could always name her [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maeby[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maeby[/name_f], or something like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_m]Buchanan[/name_m] or [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m]. “Mae B.”

So I know the name [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] comes from a show but I wouldn’t be able to place off the top of my head which show it comes from. I’ve long adored the name [name_f]Maeby[/name_f], and I occasionally use it as a nickname for my dog! I’d love to see it get some more attention!