Is Marlo feminine enough?

I think the name [name]Marlo[/name] is cute and spunky for a girl but am thinking it is not feminine enough?

The only other name I am into is [name]Lilac[/name]. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

[name]Marlo[/name] makes me think of [name]Marlon[/name] [name]Brando[/name]…so [name]UBER[/name] masculine to me.
I love [name]Lilac[/name] as a mn, but not so much up front.

What do you think of these names?

[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name] (ca-LYE-o-pee)
[name]Billie[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Mauve[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Siena[/name]
[name]Soleil[/name] (so-[name]LAY[/name])
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] ([name]Briony[/name])
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Leilani[/name]
[name]Zahara[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Giada[/name]
[name]Sapphira[/name]
[name]Lissette[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name]

That was what I was afraid of. I do know a [name]Marlo[/name] and she was very feminine and served the name well but it is a LOT like [name]Marlon[/name]

Thanks for those suggestions I will have a look through them

[name]Marlo[/name] is gorgeous for a wee girl, personally love o ending names so much!!
I would love to meet a wee [name]Marlo[/name] :slight_smile:

I think [name]Marlo[/name] is definitely feminine! She was “That Girl!”
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/ThatGirl_S3.jpg

I also suggested [name]Marla[/name] for Babygrey still looking for a form of [name]Mary[/name] - I think [name]Marla[/name] is perhaps more definitely feminine with the A at the end, but [name]Marlo[/name] doesn’t sound like a boy’s name. [name]Even[/name] [name]Marlon[/name] doesn’t sound like a boy’s name, it sounds close to [name]Marilyn[/name], and nobody is naming their baby [name]Marlon[/name] lately (if ever), there’s just that one [name]Brando[/name] guy! I guess I’m wrong about that, it’s #565 on the SSA list and declining, so 453 baby boys named [name]Marlon[/name] last year and eighty more girls than that were named [name]Marilyn[/name]. No Marlos, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a feminine name. It’s more feminine than [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Madison[/name], and [name]Hayley[/name]. [name]Marley[/name] is at #146, I think [name]Marlo[/name] sounds stronger, but not masculine.

It is in category with [name]Margo[/name]/[name]Margot[/name] - female names that are forms of [name]Margaret[/name]. Because [name]Heather[/name] [name]Armstrong[/name] (dooce.com) named her daughter [name]Marlo[/name], I think it will catch on to a point of recognizability as a girl’s name (rather unheard of for a few generations), but as popular as she is, I don’t know that it will cause the name itself to explode in popularity. I’m surprised anyone hears this name and thinks it’s for a boy.

[name]Hi[/name]! Despite the O ending, [name]Marlo[/name] is definitely 100% feminine to me, because I think of [name]Marlo[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] ([name]Free[/name] To Be You and Me and “That Girl”).

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Marlo[/name] and think it is feminine. I would even consider [name]Marlon[/name] for a girl. I know a cute baby girl in [name]Colorado[/name] that just got named [name]Marlowe[/name]. What do you think of the [name]Marlowe[/name] spelling? To me, it has a little more substance.
I am heavily considering using it as an updated version it to honor my grandma [name]Marylou[/name], but probably in the middle spot.

i think marlo is very feminine, cute, and spunky. [in my opinion] it would work well with a girl; its the feminine version of mario.

and if not-
[name]Lilac[/name] [name]Marlo[/name] is very cute!

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thanks so much for the comments, this has made me think heaps!

I actually agree - I think of [name]Margot[/name] and [name]Harlow[/name] when I think of [name]Marlo[/name] too.

Lots of food for thought!