is Max too common??

[name]Hi[/name]. I had narrowed down my boy choices to either [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Kellen[/name] but now my DH has came out of nowhere and wants to name the baby [name]Max[/name]. I honestly kind of like [name]Max[/name] and can see myself having a son named [name]Max[/name] but is it too popular? will there be multiple boys named max in his classes? Our DS is named [name]Dash[/name] - does it sound okay w/ his name? I also need some three syllabal middle name suggestions that fit w/ [name]Max[/name]. thanks everyone.

[name]Max[/name] 0.1545%
[name]Maxwell[/name] 0.1403%
[name]Maximus[/name] 0.0623%
[name]Maximilian[/name] 0.0511%
[name]Maxim[/name] 0.0154%
[name]Maximo[/name] 0.0132%
[name]Maximillian[/name] 0.0099%
total 0.4467% of boys
Therefore, about one [name]Max[/name] in 450 children of both genders. For comparison, that’s about one [name]Max[/name] for every two Emmas.

I think the popularity question’s been answered above - [name]Max[/name] and [name]Dash[/name]? [name]Dash[/name] is far more unusual! - so, I just wanted to drop in and tell you that I love [name]Kellen[/name] with [name]Dash[/name]! [name]Kellen[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

YES

[name]Max[/name]'s rank is 126.

The names from the year I was born that are number 126 are [name]Curtis[/name] and [name]Desiree[/name]… I have never met anyone my age named this.

(Granted, I haven’t combined it with [name]Maximilian[/name], [name]Maximus[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name].)

If you really like it, I’d say go for it.

Although statistically [name]Max[/name] isn’t that common, I personally feel as though I hear it a lot. I do like it, though. I’m having a hard time thinking of 3 syllable middle names to go with [name]Max[/name], but here are a couple.
[name]Max[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Max[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]

I think [name]Kellen[/name] or [name]Beckett[/name] goes much better with [name]Dash[/name] than [name]Max[/name]. And not because [name]Kellen[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] are my top two names for boys :wink: I personally know A LOT of little boys named [name]Max[/name] and even more dogs with the name. I don’t know, [name]Max[/name] just seems too plain compared to [name]Dash[/name]. It isn’t a bad name, by any means, but for me, it’s right up there with [name]Bob[/name] in terms of plain-ness, but I also prefer names you don’t hear every day.

Congrats to you and your family, best wishes on your search for the perfect name.

In my small circle of friends three of them have baby boys all named max.I do think its a cool name, but Yes I do think It is becoming very common!

I’ve heard [name]Max[/name] a lot lately, but I think it’s a great name. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Maxfield[/name]? [name]Maxfield[/name] is less common than [name]Max[/name], and seems a lot like [name]Dash[/name] to me. (Plus, you could still call him [name]Max[/name].)

Longer middles with [name]Max[/name]:

[name]Max[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Max[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Max[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Max[/name] [name]William[/name]

The other [name]Max[/name] names:

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]

[name]Maxfield[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Pierce[/name]

[name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Maximilian[/name] [name]Pierce[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I have heard [name]Max[/name] a fair amount lately on little boys. It is also very much a dog and cat name. I vote for [name]Kellen[/name]. [name]Kellen[/name] was on our list for our son but doesn’t sound very good with our last name so it was out. [name]How[/name] about [name]Kellen[/name] [name]Max[/name]?

I read recently that if you combine the Maxs with the Maximilians, [name]Maxim[/name], Maxwells, [name]Maximus[/name] it would rank about #50. For me that’s popular but not terrible, but compared to [name]Dash[/name] it’s pretty common and [name]Max[/name] is probably still on the upswing.

Honestly, no name is too common anymore. The parental search for unique names has left even the top names relatively rare (relative to what it was like when we were growing up, and especially with generations before). Some names can be too trendy, and [name]Max[/name] is certainly on the rise, but it also has enough historical background to never be dated to this decade.

If you look at the numbers it seems that that should be true, but my sons 2nd grade class has 22 students. 3 of the girls are named [name]Madison[/name]/[name]Madyson[/name] plus a [name]Madelyn[/name] (who I believe also goes by [name]Maddie[/name] some). Of course [name]Madison[/name] is way more popular than [name]Max[/name]. But, in one of the kindergarden classes there are 3 Camerons which is a little more in line with [name]Max[/name]'s popularity level.