Is my name horrific.

My names is [name]Racheli[/name] [name]Esther[/name] Alufa Mandelker. [name]Racheli[/name]: my little lamb. [name]Esther[/name]: star. Alufa: leader.

I am Jewish. There is a Jewish custom to be named after deceased family members. [name]Esther[/name] honours my great-grandmother. [name]Racheli[/name] honours my other great-grandmother.
[name]Alef[/name] is the first letter in the hebrew alphabet. Aswell, in numerology, Alufa=19. I was born on the 19th of [name]July[/name].

Everyone mispronounces my name. Raheli, [name]Ra[/name]-chelli, Rashmelly. Some just call me [name]Bob[/name]. The CH in my name is pronounced the way you would properly say chanukkah (youtube the word to hear the CH).

I went to a hebrew day school. At school, my name was never a problem, everyone was accustomed to the CH sound. However throughout high school, university, and my career life, it’s been a struggle for most. I’m known as Chelly. Chell-lee.

Is my name pleasantly unique or just plain ugly?

Well, I personally wouldn’t want to be named it, because of all the hassle of misspellings and mispronunciations, but it’s definitely not a bad name! I like it, actually. Much better than the overused [name]Rachel[/name]. Plus it reflects your heritage and family background! I had a friend from [name]Israel[/name] whose sister was named [name]Michal[/name]-- I’m assuming it’s the same kind of CH sound. I could never pronounce it right.

What I call horrific are names like Riyliegh or Makynzie, made-up and misspelled names without a history. Your name is perfectly legitimate and unique, and I think it’s really nice.

I like [name]Racheli[/name], its sweet and rather pretty. You also have the option to go purely by [name]Rachel[/name], which I adore! [name]Lucky[/name] thing! I utterly DESPISE my own name, I wouldn’t be complaining if it were half as pretty as yours.

I have never heard the name [name]Racheli[/name] . If I read it I would presume that it was a spelling mistake and they meant [name]Rachel[/name]. Doesn’t anyone call you [name]Rachel[/name] or [name]Shelley[/name]?

Overall you have a name full of meaning and love because your parents put a lot of thought into the full name.

I’m sorry I have been looking everywhere and cannot find the correct pronunciation of [name]Racheli[/name]. Would you mind telling me? By the way, I think your name is very beautiful, so much nicer than all the Emmaleighs and Ahlyviahs you see today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZSsniMeQ4U&feature=related

The little girl says her name in it haha. Thanks for all your sweet comments.