Is Nemo forever lost to the sea?

I still think of this name whenever I see a clownfish, so I suspect the answer is yes (at least for the foreseeable future). Despite the association I like [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] as a short, energetic boys’ name in the vein of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

I’m interested to hear what you think, or if there are any names similar to [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] that you like.

Please note I won’t be naming anyone anytime soon - this is just for fun.

I think it’s completely unusable for the foreseeable future, but in that vein, [name_m]Elmo[/name_m] may be ready to come out of its [name_f]Sesame[/name_f] [name_m]Street[/name_m]-induced hiatus soon.

Can the 100 year rule apply to cartoon characters, lol? Maybe it won’t take that long, but probably a while before it is usable. I actually think [name_m]Elmo[/name_m] is sweet, but I still think it has some time before it is usable either.

I actually think it might be usable, but as somebody who knows a bit of Latin, I find it sort of strange as it literally means “nobody”/“no one”.

I think [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] is so cute, I wish it was usable! But I agree, [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] and [name_m]Elmo[/name_m] both are pretty goofy right now.

I know of a [name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m] called [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. It works as a pet name/nickname for a little boy.

At the moment, I see [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] as more of a nickname for a child, but hopefully it will be usable as a first name soon as I imagine it would suit a lot of little boys and grow with them into adulthood.:heart:

Yes, I would automatically think of Finding [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. Name associations can really stink! I wanted to name my future daughter [name_f]Miley[/name_f] after my dad, [name_m]Miles[/name_m]. Safe to say that won’t be happening now!