Is OJ ok?

I’m expecting in [name]October[/name] and our current front runner for a boy is [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]–which would make my son’s initials OJG. I’d really rather him not be associated with OJ [name]Simpson[/name], but do you think that’s still an issue? We wouldn’t call him OJ, but I wonder if people would think of it.
Thanks!

I love [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]! What a great name. As long as you don’t call him OJ, then I don’t see a problem.

My thoughts, exactly :slight_smile:

If you don’t call him that I don’t think it’s a problem either, his monogram woukd be oGj which is fine as well. Its a nice name and I wouldn’t worry about it :slight_smile:

When I first saw the thread, I thought you were naming him OJ :slight_smile: So no, I think [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is a perfectly handsome name and there shouldn’t be a problem. People don’t generally pay attention to initials unless they’re particularly embarrassing

It’s fine. My new nephew is called [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] [surname] which is practically the same as the name you are considering, and there is no problem :slight_smile: [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is a lovely name.

To echo what everyone else said- I don’t think it would be a problem at all so long as you steer clear of calling him OJ yourselves. If anyone does try to use that nn, gently asking them to use his full name should clear it up.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is a lovely name by the way.

I think its fine as long as you don’t call him OJ. Otherwise, I doubt if anyone would even notice.

Thanks all–that was my hunch but I didn’t want to end up getting crazy looks when the time comes.
At first I was not so keen on [name]Oliver[/name] because it’s a bit popular, but I think I’ve decided that I just don’t care. He’ll be the only [name]Oliver[/name] I know personally, and that’s enough for me. My daughter is [name]Estella[/name] [name]Marie[/name], and both children will be middle named after people very close to my husband and I, so I think it’s gonna work. Now to come up with a girl’s name (but that’s another thread I suppose…).
Thanks again!