Is Quinn too feminine for a guy?

Be honest!

No way. I think that [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is totally a boy name. It’s used more for girls more these days, but I don’t think that it’s like naming your son [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I know a nine year old [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], & it fits him beautifully. And his little sister is named Slo@ne. Perfect, right?!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it is. Personally I am not a huge fan of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] but if I was to use it I would use it for a boy. If you love it you should go for it!

1 Like

I sort of hate (ok, it’s not really that strong of an emotion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) the name [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], but I’m going to say no it’s not really very feminine. [name_u]Or[/name_u] very masculine. It’s just so blah to me but I see no problem with it on a boy or a girl.

1 Like

No! It’s unisex, I can see it equally on both.

1 Like

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is an Irish surname and, in [name_u]Ireland[/name_u] (where I am from), while surnames aren’t often used as first names, on the rare occasion that they are, 9 times out of 10 they default as masculine.

And while I am aware that it is trending as a unisex/feminine name in other countries, it’s still male to me so, no, I don’t think that it’s too feminine for a guy. But, to be fair, I don’t think that any ‘unisex’ name is too feminine for boys.

5 Likes

Not at all, I think of it as masculine and would assume a [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] was male

2 Likes

Not at all. I think it’s perfectly unisex, leaving slightly masculine

2 Likes

No I prefer it on a boy but [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] >>> [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

2 Likes

I would actually assume a [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] was male, but I like it on a girl too

1 Like

I think it’s a very handsome name for a boy.

1 Like

i do prefer it on a girl, but it does still work on a boy. it’s not overly feminine to me at all, it’s a really unisex name imo

1 Like

It’s super neutral imo. the strongest association is Harley Quinn, but it still seems unisex to me

1 Like

Not at all. It’s simple, solid and effortlessly cool. Totally gender neutral and I adore it for a boy!

1 Like

No! I grew up with a male [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and he’s not feminine at all. I was shocked to find people used it on girls. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] leans feminine, but it’s a totally fine option for a boy.

1 Like

I know a little boy [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and it’s lovely on him

1 Like

I think it’s completely unisex, personally. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], for a boy or a girl!

1 Like

Not at all! Completely unisex.
I know of a 30ish male [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], a 10 year old male [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and a baby girl [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

1 Like

Not at all! It’s fairly evenly split for me - I know 2 of each! It’s quite nice for either gender imo!

1 Like

I have [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] on my boys list, so I definitely don’t think it’s too feminine. I like softer-sounding boy names and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] fits in that category, but still sounds very masculine.

1 Like