Is Quinn too feminine for a guy?

But [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is Irish. Maybe that would apply for a name like [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], but you have to keep in mind different cultures.

I mean, I get that berries love unisex names, but I believe that non-berries would think it was too soft for a boy. (sorry if this offends anyone)

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. I had a teacher in high school named Quinn. He was a total jock, too, and I think his name suited him well. I have Quinn on both my Girlā€™s and Boyā€™s lists.

1 Like

The first [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] I met was was a guy in high school. The second was a girl in college. I think itā€™s definitely unisex and not too feminine at all.

1 Like

The only human [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] Iā€™ve ever met was male. I also used to ride a male horse named [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. I think itā€™s perfectly gender neutral and has flexibility in that it can read more masculine or feminine in a variety of contexts.

1 Like

Although I pretty much prefer [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] on a girl (More so as a middle name) I donā€™t think itā€™s too feminine.

1 Like

It feels solidly unisex to me.

1 Like

Not at all. Completely unisex.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s feminine at all, or masculine. I think itā€™s completely unisex.

1 Like

This 100%. Covered everything I was going to say.

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is a great name!

1 Like

I met a baby boy [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] today. Suited him perfectly and for me is one of the very rare names that is truly gender neutral.

1 Like

I actually know more male Quinnā€™s than female Quinnā€™s

1 Like

It would sound good with a hard masculine middle name like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the honesty :slight_smile:

Certainly not! Iā€™ve only known male Quinns.

1 Like

Not at all! Iā€™ll admit that if I absolutely had to guess the gender of a [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] without knowing, Iā€™d lean girl, purely because Iā€™ve known more girl Quinns. But I think it suits any gender well and I like it for any gender!

1 Like

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is one of the very few names Iā€™d consider to be completely gender neutral! I have known Quinns of both genders, and wouldnā€™t bat an eye at either of them. Itā€™s a very handsome name!

2 Likes

Nope, not at all! The only [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] I know is a guy (in his 30s) and Iā€™ve always associated it with being a more masculine name, actually.

1 Like

Not at all! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is truly neutral to me.

1 Like

Itā€™s not too feminine! Itā€™s neutral, and I like it for a boy!

1 Like