Is Radley too Boo?

I came across [name_m]Radley[/name_m] during my search for autumnal names, and I love the meaning of “red meadow.” It reminds me of a field of red chrysanthemums that one passes as they drive to the mountains for that perfect mug of apple cider. I absolutely love the name! However, is it just too [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m]?

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately.

I do think of [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m] but the association isn’t overwhelming

I do think it’s too connected to the character. Maybe you’d like [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] or [name_u]Ripley[/name_u] (soundalikes) or [name_m]Adam[/name_m] or [name_u]Reid[/name_u] (both mean red)?

1 Like

I think [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is lovely. I have no idea who [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is.

I know several people with a [name_m]Radley[/name_m] surname but I like it same way that I like [name_f]Shirley[/name_f]

I don’t think of [name_m]Radley[/name_m] as too “[name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m]” . I will be honest and say my first thought was a radler

I like [name_m]Radley[/name_m]. I don’t know who [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is so my opinion is just based on the name itself.

I did immediately think of [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m] but I don’t think it’s a big deal. [name_f]My[/name_f] concern would be that it would be constantly misheard as [name_u]Bradley[/name_u].

1 Like

Yeah I think so. Thats all I can think of when I here [name_u]Boo[/name_u] or [name_m]Radley[/name_m].

I don’t think so! It’s very handsome and I love the meaning too and the imagery you’ve described. I think it’s a common enough surname and feels similar enough to other more popular names that the association is not overwhelming and it would be very usable. I think [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_m]Radley[/name_m] would be very cute well-fitting brothers :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m], but if it’s something negative and your personal association is too strong then not usable, otherwise go for it.

No, I think it’s fine!

Never heard of [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m], so it seems fine to me. I’d actually prefer to use it on a girl, lol, but I really like it.

I thought of it, but it isn’t overwhelming.

I did think of [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m], but I still think it’s fine! I don’t think it’s technically a bad association to have, nor do I think everyone will make the association anyway. If you love it, it’s definitely usable in my opinion!

I actually think of [name_m]Radley[/name_m] Sanatorium from Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars… not sure how much of an association that is anymore though.

I like [name_m]Radley[/name_m]. [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] is cute, too.

I had to Google [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m]. I haven’t read TKAMB in over 10 years, so I didn’t make the association. I think [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is an alright name

I do think its quite ‘[name_u]Boo[/name_u]’, but not in a bad way! He was a very interesting character. I think its one of those connections thats sort of fleeting (I hope that makes sense!)
I definitely think [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is fine to use on its own, and the imagery is lovely too.

I like [name_m]Radley[/name_m]! I don’t make any connection to [name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m], not sure what it is.