Is Rhys trendy?

I’m not expecting a child or anything, but on other posts, I noticed a few people called [name]Rhys[/name] a trendy name. This surprised me because it just seems so classic to me (especially with this spelling). I really like this name! What do you think?

[name]Rhys[/name] is getting to be a popular choice in part because it belongs to three trends: (1) Unisex names that can be used to both genders (female spellings are usually [name]Reece[/name] or [name]Reese[/name]); (2) Surnames as First Names Trend and (3) Celtic Names (Irish, Scottish, Welsh etc…) Depending on where you live, it might be more prevalent than you think.

[name]Rhys[/name] was on the short list for mn for our son. We never considered it to be a trendy choice and felt it was an old, classic Welsh name. I see what mischa says about it being part of three trends. However, since it is an established name with roots I think it will have more staying power than other trendy choices out there.

[name]Rhys[/name] is a great classic choice for a boy, however [name]Reese[/name] for a girl would be trendy.hope that helps

I love [name]Rhys[/name]. Spelt that way and only that way. I don’t like the [name]Reese[/name]/[name]Reece[/name] spellings.