Is Rosabelle too modern?

When it comes to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, I love:
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosina[/name_f]
and
Rosabel/[name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f]

But I wonder could I pull [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f], since it’s has bit invented flair and I wish to go full classy mode with my children’s name.

Not at all. Very vintage, southern belle to me.

I don’t think it sounds modern. I prefer the Rosabel spelling.

Thank you both, I don’t see this as Southern [name_f]Belle[/name_f] name - I’m from Europe.

Anybody else wants to weight in?

It does kind of look like a ‘smoosh’ name to me, I prefer [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. But if [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] can work, then why not? If you love it, go for it! Or you could consider [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] as first and middle.

I think it sounds like a classical name

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and even [name_f]Rosalba[/name_f] sound more classic, but [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] also has a classic feel to it! It’s quite Southern [name_f]Belle[/name_f] to me (and I’m European!) but elegant enough.

[name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] doesn’t sound modern at all! :slight_smile:

I think it’s beautiful and doesn’t have an invented feel at all to me. In the states, it peaked in popularity somewhere in the late 1800s- early 1900s. Or at least that’s when it shows up the more than a few times in my own family geneology books. Also it’s a lovely poem by Sir [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m], and he died in like 1830 something (I think) so it’s definitely not too modern!

I think [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] is sweet! It does sound slightly southern belle to me, but since you’re in Europe I’m guessing not many other people would think so! (Also, that’s not necessarily a bad thing!)

[name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] is very soft and pretty, and I like all of the nickname options!
It also definitely feels more classic than modern/trendy to me!!

(If you’re still concerned, I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is just the cutest)

It’s definitely got an old fashioned vibe to it. The only downside to me is when saying it out loud it kind of sounds like [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m] but since your not in the US (?) that shouldn’t be as much of a problem

Thank you all.

Libelluleclaire [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is quite beautiful!

It sounds old to me!
Have you considered [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f]?

I have and I think I need new [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-esque combo. I added [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] to the list.

I love [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] fine. [name_f]Rosina[/name_f] unfortunately reminds me of a cross between rosacea and rosin or resin. Rosabel/[name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f], I just dislike, but then I also dislike [name_f]Maybelle[/name_f], etc. I think [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] fits best with your other lovely names in your signature. You could nn her [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] too.

Definitely not modern, has more of a slightly dated, invented/“smoosh” feel and sound for me.

Much prefer [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] (classic elegance!) and even [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] (vintage/BBC vibes!).

Also, what about [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]? (Shakespearean splendor!)

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]-lind - like

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - [name_f]Roz[/name_f]-lin - burn in hell dislike

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]-lyn - prefer

But guess which pr. is correct? [name_f]Rozlin[/name_f] one
That’s why I had [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] on my list for long and had long debate between [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f], Roselyne and [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f].

Thank you!

We had a little girl at school named [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] ([name_f]Rose[/name_f]-a-[name_f]Lin[/name_f]) and it really made me fall in love with that name/pronunciation and it surprised me how that was the instinctual pronunciation for most people and not ‘roz-a-lyn’ (which I do not like)

To me [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] sounds Victorian, not modern. I think it’s a very pretty name.

I don’t think of this as a Southern belle name at all and I’m from the south. Rosabel looks more classic and European to me (might be wrong there, just my opinion). [name_f]Rosabelle[/name_f] does look like a smush name to me. Like you, I love the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names and will have to add Rosabel to the list!