Is Stiles a name you can use for your baby boy?

Hey everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] friend and I were talking about whether [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] is a good name you can name your baby boy. We heard of the name on the show and have different opinions about if u could use it on a child in real life as we had never heard of the name before this character. What do you guys think?

It was the name of a sim in The Sims 3, if that means anything to you lol

I guess it could work. It just makes me think of style/styles, though. I don’t like it, it’s not really my style; I’d prefer Silas or something similar

1 Like

I think it’s definitely a brave choice, but it could work. Surnames as first names is a pretty big trend right now, and this is would fit with that.

1 Like

It reminds me a lot of Teen [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and also [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Styles[/name_m]. I think it’s a cool and usable choice, though people may assume he’s named after one of those people (more likely the Teen [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] character because the spelling matches)

3 Likes

Teen wolf is how we heard of the name :joy: I never would be thought of it as a first name before I watched the show but during it the name seemed pretty normal to use if u get me

i think it could work !!! definitely really closely tied to the teen wolf character though, and for gen z that would probably be pretty noticeable. likely that there would be comments but i don’t see why it wouldn’t be usable!

It reminds me a bit too much of a stile but I think it could grow on me. It has a solid and interesting sound

1 Like

I also automatically associate it with the show, but the similarity to [name_u]Miles[/name_u] makes it pretty usable in my opinion.

1 Like

I think it is,very unique trough,I probably wouldn’t use it ,but it sounds kinda cool

1 Like

I adore the names [name_m]Stiles[/name_m], prefer the [name_m]Styles[/name_m] spelling though. Either way, I think it’s a handsome, solid name!

1 Like

I definitely think it’s usable.

1 Like

Yeah I imagine there would be but I doubt anyone who think too much of the character. I could be wrong tho :sob:

Oh no

It works if the last name is Stilinski. I wouldn’t encourage it otherwise. But if [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] had a normal first name like [name_u]Scott[/name_u] and [name_m]Derek[/name_m] he might not have been called that in the first place.

Now I wonder if berries can pick a better first name for [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] (that fits the Teen [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] world) than the writers did. His full name was Mieczyslaw Stilinski.

If anyone is interested in that challenge, other names on the show include [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_m]Isaak[/name_m], [name_f]Malia[/name_f], [name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u].

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m] parents seem to have wanted to honor their Polish(?) heritage. I don’t know too many Polish names that fit their world. Maybe [name_m]Ian[/name_m].

I love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] but I can’t really see it as a first name . I think I could appreciate it for someone else though

I don’t think it works as a first name, my first thought was stile, as in the step, and my second was piles! Definitely not a good thought!

All I thought of was the Teen [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] character, and I’ve never even seen it! :sweat_smile: It’s a brave choice but not unusable.

I think [name_m]Stiles[/name_m] would be a bold name for an actual baby, though not impossible. It would definitely be unique.

Especially since, in terms of the character from Teenwolf, ‘Stiles’ is a nickname given to the character based on his surname ‘Stilinski’. Without that kind of context, a parent might have trouble explaining the name to others.

[name_m]Stiles[/name_m] is cool! Sounds very surname like to me☺️