Is Sunflower too much?

What are your thoughts on the name Sunflower?
I would use it as a middle name but I’m stuck between the first names of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is my favorite out of both but I’m afraid [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower is wayyy too much.
Opinions and suggestions are really appreciated.

I’d say [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower is definitely too much, but [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower works; although it feels a little comic book character-y to me.

Yes, too much.

i love Sunflower as a middle, but not with [name_f]Summer[/name_f] as a first. [name_m]Just[/name_m] with a normal first name eg. [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] Sunflower, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] Sunflower, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] Sunflower

It’s OK as a middle, but I think you really need a much more toned-down first name with it, and probably no alliteration.

[name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower is far too descriptive, and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower is better but I still feel it’s a bit much with the alliteration. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Wildflower or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Wildrose?

I think it would work as a middle name, but the alliteration is too much with both [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] Sunflower or [name_f]Estella[/name_f] Sunflower maybe?

I think Sunflower is fine. I’ve recently seen [name_f]Geranium[/name_f] and [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] on here being considered for first names, so using Sunflower in the middle is quite tame compared to those. I prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower as [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower is a bit much.

The Japanese name Hinata means “sunny place,” “toward the sun,” and “sunflower” if you wanted to use [name_f]Summer[/name_f] as a first name and felt that Sunflower would be too much.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Wildflower!!

I think Sunflower is nice, but as the previous posters also says, it should have a more “normal” toned down name

[name_m]Way[/name_m] too much with [name_f]Summer[/name_f]! Usually I like alliteration but in this case, as Sunflower is already very quirky, I would avoid pairing it with any S name.

Too kitschy for me.

I’m not a fan. I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower is way too much and whilst [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower is a bit better I still think it sounds like a My [name_m]Little[/name_m] Pony character or something.

I agree with previous posters that if you had a more “toned down” first name that it could be kind of spunky and sassy, maybe [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] Sunflower or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] Sunflower?

Thank you all for the suggestions! This is my first post and I didn’t expect so much helpful advice. I agree a more toned down first name would be best but none grab my attention as much as [name_f]Summer[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] do. Before Sunflower I loved [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] which again I know most would consider too much as well. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think with all the other unique and weirdly spelled names out there now that [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower would really be that awful?

Also I have thought that both [name_f]Summer[/name_f] & Sunflower would have the save NN Summy or [name_u]Sunny[/name_u].

With middle names, I would usually say go for it, but I would tread lightly with such literal word names paired together. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower is cool, though.

I like Sunflower! I kind of like [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower actually and, in answer to your question, they’re not awful like all the misspelled and made up names out there. [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is also really sweet!

I do like the other posters suggestions of having a classic first name. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] fits that bill I think, but I would also love something like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Sunflower.

My husbands pick from the beginning was [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and although I liked it at first I really don’t like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and I know that’s what most people would call her. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Sunflower goes great but I want a name that I love. For those that have middle names because I don’t, do you really use your middle name in every day life? Or do you only see your initial?

I never use my middle name and most people didn’t know it until I put it on our wedding invitations. I have it in my email address but that’s really it. I also just use my middle initial when signing official documents.

I think [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] works much better than [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Sunflower! [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is a really sweet name.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower works. We don’t spell out our middle names that often, so it’s a nice place for a name that might otherwise be too much.

I think (don’t quote me on this though) that alliteration will come somewhat back into style. So don’t let that stop you.

Maybe [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Summer[/name_f] or [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]? I am not a fan of Sunflower. But if you do use it [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Sunflower is definitely better of the two.