Is Tallulah Too 'Southern Belle' For A Princess?

Hello everyone! I’m a writer, (as I’m guessing most of you are too!) and I’m writing a book about a princess battling cancer. Her name currently is [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]. The problem is this: I don’t know if this is a name fitted for a princess. Of course I’m looking for unique names, and feedback on the name [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] as well. What are some good names for my fun-loving, tough, and independent princess? (I especially like canadian & french names, but if you have other originated names in mind, don’t think I won’t pay attention to them!):D:D Thank you!

I think [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] would work fine :)! But as you’re the one writing the story and not me, you know best. Here are some names for your courageous heroine:
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Cossette[/name_f] {[name_m]French[/name_m]!}
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
Winoula
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
Finnoula
[name_f]Kitty[/name_f]
[name_u]Jody[/name_u]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]

I wasn’t sure which era you were going for, so maybe if you tell me I can give you some more names if I have time :).

Good luck, and happy writing!!!

• [name_f]Marie[/name_f]

I love the names you displayed! To answer your question: I’m thinking of the time being right now, but I’m not sure yet. Definitely nothing too ‘way-back-when’. I love all names, even old ones, though!:smiley:

I love the name [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and while I think it could work, I also think there may be something better suited (I wouldn’t usually think that but after having read a novel about royalty where their names were not very formal/ the names were very commonplace, i feel like maybe there is a certain vibe a name gives off to feel acceptably royal)

My suggestion would be to keep the name unless you find something you love more, and along the way if you feel yourself going against the name or loving it, you’ll know to change or keep it.
Some suggestions:
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
Penryn
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]/[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amya[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] “[name_f]Thea[/name_f]”
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]

I’m from the south and I have never met a Tallullah. I hear that name and think 1920’s mobster’s babe in the city… to me anyway

Funny you should say that, I’m just watching a [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who episode with a girl from the 1930s named [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and she’s in NYC, so unless you’ve seen that episode, you’ve got some very good imagery :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve actually seen that episode, but I’ve held that imagery before that show. I used to enjoy saying that name in what I perceived as a [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] accent, and that name is a bit old fashioned so I always pictured a woman in the '20s wearing that name. That show totally made me laugh when I saw it for the first time though