Is the alliteration here bad or appealing?

I cannot decide whether I like [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]? They would be double middle names for something, can’t decide whether the double P’s are appealing or off putting? Opinions? Thanks!

I think alliteration is wonderful if the names are different in sound and number of syllables.

For example, [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Paris[/name] is beautiful, but [name]Pippa[/name] [name]Peri[/name] is not.

In the case of [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Paloma[/name], it is perfectly fine.

Something about the combo makes me stumble, the ‘th’ leading into the ‘p’ makes me feel like I have a lisp. [name]Paloma[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] would be fine.

The Ps are fine to my eyes and ears.

Honestly, that’s a stunner of a name. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. If you are really worried, you could go with [name]Elsbeth[/name] [name]Paloma[/name] and then you don’t have the double p. I knew a girl named [name]Elsbeth[/name] who was really spunky and creative and artistic and her name fit her really well.

My cousin named her daughter elspeth and I highly dislike it. Nobody can say her name. I have a daughter named [name]Paloma[/name] it’s a great name.

I think they are fine…I only get tripped up if I say them quickly 10 times :wink:
I love [name]Elspeth[/name].

Pedantry alert: tt’s actually consonance, not alliteration, and it works really well.

I agree with @merylp-- [name]Elspeth[/name] seems stunning on paper, but I wonder how it’s heard and received in real life.

See, [name]Elspeth[/name] is in honor of an [name]Elsbeth[/name], she disliked her name and always preferred the Scottish form, that’s why it’s [name]Elspeth[/name].

[name]Blade[/name] - I’ve actually met a little [name]Elspeth[/name] and a lot of people thought it was odd, but I think they just kind of got used to it, fewer pronunciation issues than you would suspect.

Thank you guys! This has given me confidence and will be added to the list! (it will be [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Paloma[/name], I’m gathering a few combos to mull over).

If you’re in [name]England[/name] or Australia, [name]Elspeth[/name] would be received well! I think it’s cute.

I’m in the US - unfortunately, a lot of the general population here would likely stumble over [name]Elspeth[/name] or think it’s odd, but that doesn’t really bother me, it’s a stunning name.

I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Elspeth[/name] but [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Paloma[/name] sounds very lovely. I think the alliteration works just fine here :slight_smile: