Is the name, Cassidy too feminine for a boy

Is the name, [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] too feminine for a boy? Does anyone know the history and origin behind this name? I tried googling it but most information is about a male rapper name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u].

While there was [name_m]Butch[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is all girl to me. The names [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] or [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] might are more “masculine” sounding alternatives with a similar look.

If I saw the name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], I would immediately think girl. I would be hesitant to use it for a boy. It could definitely still work as a boys name but he might hate everyone assuming he was a girl. My dads name is [name_u]Loren[/name_u] and he hates how if people just hear the name they think girl. He goes by [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] often because of it.

According to behind the name, [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] means From an Irish surname which was derived from Ó [name_f]Caiside[/name_f] meaning “descendant of [name_f]CAISIDE[/name_f]”- Old Irish byname meaning “curly haired”, from Irish Gaelic cas.

I went to school with a guy whose surname was [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], but he almost solidly went by it. So much so I can’t actually remember what his first name was… I think his first name was [name_m]Dan[/name_m] or something similar.

For me, [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is quite unisex. I personally love it on a girl or a boy, and would use it if it weren’t for the fact I had a big crush on [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] at school and all my old friends would definitely comment on it! Also I don’t think S/O would go for it…

Either way, I think [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is definitely wearable for a boy!

[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] feels firmly unisex to me.

It strikes me as feminine but I think the [name_m]Butch[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] connection is strong enough I probably wouldn’t be phased by meeting a male [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u].

[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] strikes me as masculine because I have never known anyone, male or female with the name. I just recognize it since it is historically masculine and their are two male characters I associate it with

It’s my step brother’s name and so is unisex to me. For him it was an honoring name (family name on his mom’s side). His mom would have used it on a girl as a first choice but she ended up having all boys and went with using it on what she decided was her last child.

The name itself didn’t bother him. He liked the honoring association and there is [name_m]Butch[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] too. What did bother him a bit was being the only brother with a unisex name, compared with the others who had solidly masculine names. Also, when his dad remarried my mom, we were close in age and I had a unisex name too and sometimes people would confuse us. People may assume [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is a girl but once people figure out that’s not the case it’s not that big a deal.

Growing up I knew 3 girls name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], so it is all girl to me. It is unisex though so I wouldn’t be surprised to meet a boy with the name.

I have [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] on the maybe list for a boy. I don’t find it too feminine (it reminds me of [name_m]Butch[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]), but many may think so. I don’t think it matters though, since it is unisex and would probably very quickly become connected to the wearer anyway.

I think if you name a boy [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], and lots of people start naming boys [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], people will stop thinking it’s only for girls.

I was in 8th grade with a boy named [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and I’ve never actually met a girl [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], so in my mind I only associate it with boys.

I’ve met a boy needed [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and I believe the name fit him well. I believe a little boy could pull off this name as well. Although, many people, at least in [name_u]America[/name_u], would consider this very feminine. Mostly because old boys turned girl are popular now (ex. [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_u]Addison[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]).

Yes…

I adore [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] for a boy. Nn [name_u]Cass[/name_u] or [name_m]Cash[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it

I love [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] on a boy! I actually prefer it on a boy. If you love it, go for it.

[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is a great name, and perfectly unisex!

I would be pleasantly surprised to find that little [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] on the roster was actually a boy and not a girl. While it does lean more towards the feminine side, I’m still going to say “why not?” Kids are beginning to grow up in an age where a boy named [name_u]Misha[/name_u] and a girl named [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] isn’t ‘crazy’ or ‘out there.’

For me [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] has always been a girls name and I’ve never even considered it for a boy. However thinking about it now I see how it could work and I like it a lot. Granted I’ve always preferred the spelling [name_u]Kassidy[/name_u], but that’s just me.

[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] feels very feminine to me. If saw the name on a page, I would assume girl. I know a couple of [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]'s and a [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and the similarity is not ignorable for me.